Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
In regards to the suggestions put forward so far, they all sound great, but they are also a lot of 'admin' work for the QMs and places a lot of doctrine and responsibilities on them.

For simplicity I think the best way to move forward with regards to the terrain situation is to have labelled boxes e.g. 'Woods, Hills, Fantasy Buildings, Paper Terrain etc and simply request that people return any items that are used to be returned to their appropriate box. It takes us long enough to pack away terrain right now with the general 'dumping' system, I feel regimenting the process will cause undue strain on people and time.

Of course that's just how I feel and I will go with the flow Smile

Once things are settled on the committee and the QMs have had a chance to assess the terrain situation, I will begin purchasing new parts and supplying materials for those who volunteer their crafting skills to the task of creating terrain pieces. I definitely second the notion of more woods!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(20-10-2012, 12:50 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'd like to humbly request more woods please.

(22-10-2012, 11:51 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'd second the woods request.

(22-10-2012, 08:18 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I definitely second the notion of more woods!

Thats technically a third Simon
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(22-10-2012, 08:21 PM)Gareth Wrote: Thats technically a third Simon

Which would be a valid point, if seconding a motion wasn't a term of law and refers to backing a motion of which subsequent people can also 'second' should the initial party decide to decline thus allowing the motion to move forward, and not an ascending numerical order of declaring support. So there ya go Wink
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Just cos ya canna count

I also have seen what one of the larger independent clubs does with regards to terrain last Thursday, but I might keep it a secret, or I may not.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lol, which club was that Gaz?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I was at the Portsmouth Pirates, a club whose members run the UKs biggest Warhammer Fantasy tournament (probably the worlds second largest after Adepticon.)

It's so home to this years WFB ETC captain, and an ETC team member.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Gaz - You and I have generic agreement on a possible way forward at moment so if you have a new enlightened approach I am interested to hear... Smile
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I made a Millicano coffee can terrain piece with a little platform on it while trying out my airbrush. Will bring it along tonight. It would suit Necromunda and 40K.

For bang for buck check out these. £8 each put postage is £6 from 1 item to 10 so order a few at a time.
http://www.oxfordmodelstore.co.uk/roboge...-673-p.asp
http://www.oxfordmodelstore.co.uk/roboge...-672-p.asp

They are made of platic but would work better stuck to card/wood/clay better and would go a long way. I used some of the pieces on my coffee watch tower. So you can mock it later :O)
(22-10-2012, 08:18 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: In regards to the suggestions put forward so far, they all sound great, but they are also a lot of 'admin' work for the QMs and places a lot of doctrine and responsibilities on them.

For simplicity I think the best way to move forward with regards to the terrain situation is to have labelled boxes e.g. 'Woods, Hills, Fantasy Buildings, Paper Terrain etc and simply request that people return any items that are used to be returned to their appropriate box. It takes us long enough to pack away terrain right now with the general 'dumping' system, I feel regimenting the process will cause undue strain on people and time.

The above idea works. I do the terrain for Wyvern Wargamers. Putting all your trees in one box is good otherwise heavier terrain crushes them. Stacking all your hills in a box stops them getting chipped. Cardboard buildings with cardboard, heavy resin by themselves, etc.