Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necro Campaign Scenarios
(16-10-2012, 10:46 AM)Stuart Wrote: Just getting acquainted with the Treasure Island scenario for tonight - just to confirm, the placement advantage afforded by my tunnels and Infiltrate ability don't apply?

Good question!!! You should have asked it a bit earlier on - I don't think we are savy enough yet!

I would say 'not'. It's meant to be an unknown area to be explored and it would be a big advantage avoiding the risk of the potential traps everywhere. The tactical balance of getting to key points quickly v risk of booby traps is a tough call in this scenario.

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I'm still not savvy enough either! Smile

I added a bit to my previous post - agreed that the tunnels shouldn't apply, as they don't fit the scenario anyway (they imply some prior knowledge of the terrain, which as you say isn't possible in this case). Wasn't so sure on the Infiltrate - that might allow for a gang member with that particular ability to be sent ahead to reconnoiter the island in advance of the main party?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Infiltrate should be fine to use Stu, no complaints off me anyway.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ah yes an extra sentence.

Given Infiltrate is one of your gang's earned skills then it seems unfair to not allow it.

However, infiltrators are placed on board after opposition deployment, and deployment starts off the board. So either the model could be placed anywhere or maybe nowhere!

I think the main thing is if starting on the island there has to be some risk of setting a booby trap off. Maybe being extra sneaky to avoid Mad Jake and his dogs means you are diving for cover here and there on route. If you start on the island then for every 8" you would have moved onto the board you roll the d6 for a booby trap and apply the results...

Just my suggestions to bear in mind for future scenario creation really. At the end of the day is up to you and your opponent to agree...
Cheers Vince, Paul - it's important that it should fit the spirit of the scenario. Perhaps something else to consider could be deployment via scatter dice - pick a point and then roll for deviation and see where the model actually ends up?
I think paul's idea is good - you can infiltrate but for every 8" roll a D6 and on a 1 set off a booby trap.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Right-o, that sounds like a good compromise - we'll try that tonight.
To be honest I just felt the 'accidental death and injury rate' suffered by those exploring his island previously from his random booby traps (Chris had two deaths and I lost count of the number of other injuries he suffered from traps rather than my shooting) needed to be considered.

It could be as the gang skirts the island looking for a landing point he gets dropped off early to go for a scout at some point that looks interesting or whatever... as I say he could effectively be placed anywhere.

But isn't it a skill you use against your opponent, who you hide from, where as this is primarily infiltrating Mad Jake's well defended fortress.

I'll get my flak jacket...Tongue

Yeah, a quick "drop off" is the sort of thing I had in mind - perhaps while the rest of the crew searches for a better landing spot from where they can load up the anticipated loot. We can always stipulate that he can only be deployed within a certain distance of the coastline too.

I'm hoping to hide from Mad Jake to be honest Big Grin
I'm going to multi charge and kill Jake, Mwahahaha. Tongue
Looking forward to the game, we can decide on something tonight, the coast thing sounds good with penalties for going further than a set inches.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven