Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k campaign
Right then fellas, after some feedback.
I have got the campaign map sorted(we are fighting over the UK Lol), how would people like to proceed? Indvidually? Teams? Good guys vs Bad guys?
What sort of campaign are we looking to do, Narrative story driven with made up missions depending on outcomes of battles or command and conquer style take and hold territory?
Which ever is used i am looking to use the campaign pack as i like the idea of units levelling up the more they battle, rpg style.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I like the teams idea we were going to do last time, maybe with a little bit of reshuffling depending on who would be using what. And i don't mind whether it's a C&C based system or narrative, both are good for me Tongue
Would take and hold territory work, with perhaps the terrain in that location affecting the battle; eg storm the high ground; bridge assault; open battle (flat ground); cityfight; ambush (in hills/passes) for a few ideas?

also perhaps people could plan their campaign moves secretly and submit them, allowing people to outmanoeuvre and possibly result in three-way battles etc.

maybe limited force org charts for some games, eg if lightning assault - two moves on campaign map, you can't bring any heavy support but up to 5 fast attack choices, etc

just random brainstorming, I am happy to go with whatever you decide, it's all good Smile
oh and I'm not sure good guys vs bad guys would work since there seem to be more good guys? Not sure about teams but perhaps possibility to form loose alliances (temporarily0? dunno if this would work at all, otherwise prob just every man for himself.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
like the idea of limted forces so u start off with 5000 split into min 3 armys max 5 any losses in battle may result in permant losses but can attempt to recuit ''fresh troops'' but have no experience
perefer indivual but teams are fine
secret moves on campaign map would be fun
Cheers for the feedback guys, i was thinking 4000 pts starting split into 2 1750 pt armies and 1 500 point scouting army. 1 army is your offensive army and 1 is your defensive(both following normal FOC) the scouting army must be mechanised or have the scouting rule, the requirement is 1 HQ and 1 Troop choice, nothing from the heavy support unless it is fast or scouting(ie 1 x command squad in chimera, 2 x vet squad in chimera and 2 Sentinals).
The scout army can only engage the other scouting army, and has an increased range of vision of 2 territorys and better movement of 2 territorys.
Then we rework the campaign pack above to suit our needs, as most of it is sound.
We could always do doubles or singles?
With doubles, you can only team up with someone that the allies chart allows but no Desperate allies, so Eldar and Dark Eldar, Guard and marines etc
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds good Vince.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
well i'm gonna create a poll for either double or single campaign, so people can vote and we will go with the majority.
Blood bowl Skaven
looking good mate Smile

Just been thinking, how are you playing Allied Detachments?

Not thought of that to be honest.....
Got any ideas on how it should be done?

Thinking about it, it looks at the minute like we will be doubling up for the campaign. So maybe we could do that you can only have an allied detachment from the army you have allied with?
Blood bowl Skaven