Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k campaign
For the scout force you could say that a certain unit can count as troops maybe. I'm thinking of the DA codex for example, the natural scouts are either scouts (in the elite slot) or ravenwing bikes (in the fast attack slot unless you use Sammael, which in a 500pt force is a bit ridiculous since he comes in at 205pts).

Personally I would prefer things to be more fluffy in the campaign, as opposed to a tournament, so we can surely bend the FOC a bit?

Maybe a list of acceptable scout units. For example in the Necron codex I will be using the natural scouts are probably Deathmarks (although more assassins really) and tomb blades (fast attack, although I don't own any). What do you think? Not trying to get an advantage, just want it to be as fluffy as poss.

Scouts don't have to necessarily be fast, they can be stealthy instead. Also moving in a more open formation and smaller groups than a massed army will naturally mean they can cover more ground anyway.

I would also suggest possibly banning flyers in the scout force as it could possibly make it very unbalanced and therefore not very fun, unless you allowed the players territory you are moving through a free anti-air platform (quad gun or icarus lascannon) to represent their ground-to-air defences, in which case you could have a single flyer.

just my thoughts Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I like Chris's idea to be honest. Not sure what my scouting unit would be, maybe some meat-shield Cultists or Raptors. Perhaps Chaos Bikers. Maybe put limits on non-fast Tanks, Artillery pieces and super heavy infantry.
Also if you want to encourage people to make a more transport based list Vince, you could just lower the points costs for "pure" transports to show that they might possibly be easier to obtain by the recon troops. Just a thought, as that way transports become a little more attractive, but nobody is forced to go that route
(23-11-2012, 06:56 PM)Nick Wrote: Also if you want to encourage people to make a more transport based list Vince, you could just lower the points costs for "pure" transports to show that they might possibly be easier to obtain by the recon troops. Just a thought, as that way transports become a little more attractive, but nobody is forced to go that route

Changing pts could get messy pretty quickly... I mean if we say for example reduce transport costs by 10pts accross the board, Blood Angels would get Basic Razorbacks for 25pts? and Rhinos for 15pts LOL!

Yeah, while a nice idea, i think lowering transport cost could get messy quickly. The other thing i could do is change the force org chart to the following - 1HQ, (1 Elite), 1 Fast (Up to 4) 1 Troop (up to 4) no Heavy. Bold being compulsory choices, brackets being optional. Flyers always count as being in hover mode(meaning they can be hit as normal!).
That sound any good?
I want to keep it fluffy, so i'm looking at from what i want to field but not be Overpowered!(i would like to field a airborne company supported by Chimera TroopsTongue)
Keep the feedback coming guys, great stuff so far!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm not sure about limiting flyers to hover mode (some flyers don't have it :p), 500pts and the fact it's for fun should spamming flyers to minimum..

Well the way to check is if two volunteers could have a couple of 500 point games and see how it goes?
Try playing them as flyers in game 1, in hover mode game 2(any that don't have it count as having it) and as fast vehicles game 3? Both use the same list, same mission and deployment in all three?
Sound like a plan? Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(23-11-2012, 09:52 PM)manrogue Wrote: Well the way to check is if two volunteers could have a couple of 500 point games and see how it goes?
Try playing them as flyers in game 1, in hover mode game 2(any that don't have it count as having it) and as fast vehicles game 3? Both use the same list, same mission and deployment in all three?
Sound like a plan? Smile

I'm up for it mate Smile

Should I drop Nids - not sure they fit the theme of this and cant have any allies of course.

As its for fun I do have sisters and Guard?
Sisters would be interesting, havent played them before? or nids tbh
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.