Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redditch
I think so. Whoever comes in for the post most days.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(10-09-2012, 05:01 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Cheers for the feedback both. I work in Ravensbank Business Park in North Moons Moat Industrial estate. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Steatit...16&iwloc=A

I grew up not far from there in Winyates Green - nice area, but there's not much (if anything) in the way of flats around there as I far as I'm aware.

A friend of mine lives just a bit further down Ravens Bank Drive in Church Hill North - that seems pretty decent too (and far enough away from Church Hill Centre).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(10-09-2012, 06:12 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 05:01 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Cheers for the feedback both. I work in Ravensbank Business Park in North Moons Moat Industrial estate. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Steatit...16&iwloc=A

I grew up not far from there in Winyates Green - nice area, but there's not much (if anything) in the way of flats around there as I far as I'm aware.

Not a single flat in Winyates Green. Not even a house converted into a couple of flats, which is quite strange.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Main problem is having somewhere to park a bike and the car ...
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
As people have said most regions are better the further away from the centres you go, the main problem is going to be parking since most flats are either council or seem to have limited parking and a lot of the council garages you could rent are either trapped behind long waiting lists or been torn down
It also depends upon your price range since strangely enough the nicer the area the more expensive the rent normally. However saying that a lot of places are having to cut prices just to get tenants due to the economic situation.

In my experience avoid any flat in church hill, woodrow and most of Winyates though to br fair id imagine most of them are council anyway. Ill ask around and see if anyone can recommend some where for you.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
We are looking to move to Redditch in summer, due to Solihull (where we are currently, living with wife's parents) being way too expensive so have found this useful, thanks. Cups of tea all round once we're in.
Models painted in 2016 0

40k (Tau, Bork'an sept; Orks; Chaos daemons; Imperial Guard, Catachans with help from Valhallans & Pretorians; Space Wolves) Warhammer (Orcs & Goblins) BFG (Orks; Chaos) Necromunda (Cawdor; Wyrd Gathering; Ratskin Scouts) Blood Bowl (Wood Elves) Malifaux (Gremlins; Colette Du Bois)
haha Awesome, well I ended up at the top of Mount Pleasant (Southcrest) which doesn't seem to have a great rep but to be honest (thus far) it's been fine. Maybe I just found a good bit!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Matchborough West is rough, I moved there when I was 1 , and have lived mostly in Matchborough. But on the outskirts, like ashorne close isnt too bad at all. Ipsley is nice, but expensive.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Matchborough west is fine now, used to be rough but tame now as all the trouble makers have grown up and moved away. Well except me. :p
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I think as others have said, the further you get away from a centre the "safer" the area feels. Not that the centres are full of murderers and rapists!! I've never had a problem in any of the centres so I think a lot of bad rep comes from the minority and it over shadows the good.

I recommend to anyone just visit the area you want to live in, both during the day and during the night, both during the week and at the weekend to get a good feel of the atmosphere of the area.