Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redditch
So looks like I'm prob gona have to move to Redditch in Jan to be closer to work. Any opinions on where to or not to live in Redditch? Will have a motorbike parked outside.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(10-09-2012, 09:30 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: So looks like I'm prob gona have to move to Redditch in Jan to be closer to work. Any opinions on where to or not to live in Redditch? Will have a motorbike parked outside.

You just want to be closer to RedWarSoc really Wink Presume you're looking to rent?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(10-09-2012, 10:27 AM)Stuart Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 09:30 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: So looks like I'm prob gona have to move to Redditch in Jan to be closer to work. Any opinions on where to or not to live in Redditch? Will have a motorbike parked outside.

You just want to be closer to RedWarSoc really Wink Presume you're looking to rent?

Haha yeah clearly... Yeah to rent, 1/2 bed flat/apartment type with parking (ideally a garage...)
Magic the Gathering

anywhere the side of redditch by the club is all good. once you cross to the east of the highways it all gets a bit dodgy Wink
[Image: Redditch-here.png]

Like about here?
Magic the Gathering

If you can find somewhere affordable in those areas, super.

Without meaning any offence to anyone, being a postie, I see all of Redditch. Nearly all of the B98 estates have rough areas, with some of the B97 areas near town being iffy.

Woodrow South for instance improves the further from Woodrow North you get, but then goes bad at the very south. Winyates improves the further from the Centre you get, but the East is better than the west. Oakenshaw is a fairly nice area, but Mickleton and Patch Lane can draw rough elements (I'm in Mickleton btw.)

If I had a choice, personally I would look to Webheath, Headless Cross, Crabbs Cross and Hunt End. Funnily enough all are quite close to the club, but none of them have closes/roads/etc I would say keep away from, whilst every other estate does. But as always availability and price will most likely be the deciding factor.

Where do you work anyway?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(10-09-2012, 12:53 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [Image: Redditch-here.png]

Like about here?

Got that pretty much bang on!
I've always lived in Redditch, and have lived in Walkwood (literally two closes over from where the club is now - i went to playgroup there ^_^)
and now Greenlands. My dad lives in Matchborough, Simon lives in Batchley.
Pretty much what Gaz said - most of Redditch is alright. Just steer clear from the centres (woodrow, wynates, matchborough, churchill) and most of the areas directly next to the town centre (Though Batchley is actually 'better' the closer you are to the town centre).

Most of the 'trouble' stays with the people who seek it I've found. So while there are definitely areas I wouldn't walk through at night, that'd be more just out of caution then actual necessity if that makes sense.

Though looking again I'd stay away from southcrest and enfield as well.
(10-09-2012, 04:46 PM)Gareth Wrote: Where do you work anyway?

Cheers for the feedback both. I work in Ravensbank Business Park in North Moons Moat Industrial estate. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Steatit...16&iwloc=A
Magic the Gathering

(10-09-2012, 05:01 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 04:46 PM)Gareth Wrote: Where do you work anyway?

Cheers for the feedback both. I work in Ravensbank Business Park in North Moons Moat Industrial estate. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Steatit...16&iwloc=A

Ah with Mr Russell.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Keith?
Magic the Gathering