Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wip necromunda building
This is my progress on a trading post/gang hideout so far. Didn't have any foam board so I had to use polystyrene ceiling tiles. I have left the back open so you can move models into it, but will play it like you can't see through the back. Their is a front door and a hole in the roof with an internal ladder. I am going to add a low parapet to the roof for some cover.

Can anyone suggest what I could undercoat it with? I can't spray it cos the polystyrene will melt and i don't want to us citadel paints cos I will end up using pots of it!

40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looking great Chris! For undercoat I would suggest using "gesso" - The Works in town do a 600ml tub for £5.99, and it gives a nice surface to paint on to. I've read that it's also often used for priming miniatures as an alternative to spray paint.

You could also use watered down PVA, or any water-based paint.

I've got a few small scenery pieces I'm working on at the moment (at the expense of my participation league miniature unfortunately Blush) - will post up some pics later.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
OK cool thanks Stu I'll try and check out the works then. Yes I have been a bit distracted from painting the mini, but willl try and start tonight!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I bought a pot of metal railing primer from Wilcos about this time last year, its what i've used on most of my models. I think that was only about £5 (I wouldn't of paid more then that cause I'm cheap). The matt varnish I use is from the same range! ^_^