Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interested in creating a roleplay group ?
Hi new member James here, after talking to a few people last night I discovered there is an interest in doing some roleplay at the Club and I'm interested in playing or running games if we can get a reasonable sized group.
Because most players will also want to wargame as well I'm thinking of roleplaying everyother week so that I and the other players can arrange batles without having to drop in and out of the roleplay game.

I have available quite a few systems:

-White Wolf's Exalted as Solars,Lunars,Abyssals or Green Sun Princes. play a demi-god created to over throw the original masters of creation now trying to find their way in a world going to rot and ruin.
-40K roleplay all versions,most source books so
Dark Heresy, play as accolytes of the Inquistion
Rogue Trader, play as a Rogue trader and his trusted officers
Deathwatch, play as Space Marines seconded from their chapters to serve in the elite anti-xenos force or can be played as a game focusing on one chapter only.
Black Crusade,play as Champions of the Dark Gods eiher human or Chaos Marine.
I also have rule for playing as Grey Knights.
-CuthulhuTech, play as human or other trying to survive in a futureistic world where the supernatural has revealed its existance and is trying to conquer,destroy,eat,mate and or do other wierder things to the world and humanity.
-Call of Cuthulhu, set in 1920's or 1990's play as a normal human who comes across the hidden world of supernatural alien science and horror.
-Rifts,In the future a nuclear war brings back magic with a bang, civilisation collapses as every myth,legend,god,demon,etc from history returns from the other dimensions a Eart now has the magical energy to allow dimensional Rifts to open to other places. Huge setting with other 50 books and so many different ways of playing it.
-White Wolf's Dark Ages Vampire,play as a vampire during the dark ages learning how to survive in a dangerous world where the biggest threat is possible your fellow vampires.
-White wolf's Dark Ages Inquistion,play as a human gifted with powers to protect mankind from the evil supernatural.

So if anyones interested in playing or running a game give me a shout, and ill happily try most other systems,
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
One thing coming back from GenCon taught me, is I really need to try roleplaying. At least so I know what the hell, everyone else is talking about.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'd like to give it a try, although I'm not sure I can commit to every other week while the Necromunda campaign is going on. I know others have expressed an interest though, so it should be possible to get a group going.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Well i tried out DnD last year for a few weeks, my first bit of RP, and i loved it. I recently got the Deathwatch rule books and was hoping to start doing some of that sometime. Would be happy to try out w/e
ya sounds gd sometime just not every week on tuesday since its nice to keep up with wargamming
So far then the idea of everyother week works in principle, I accept there will be times some may not be able to but the idea is try and keep a reasonable size group so the game can carry on as people drop in and out. After all I havent spent several years trying to find other wargamers just not actually play war games myself.
Theres also interest in Deathwatch which as a starter is probably quite good for those new to roleply since its not like space marines and their background are unknown to a lot of you. But if people would prefer something different I'll happily run any of the ones I mentioned at the begining of this thread.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Traitor Alan! You join our game, then have some poor excuse like 'I've got a life outside of gaming' to not come again. Still waiting for you to set a day you know!?

Related to a 'group' I know a whole lot of people want to roleplay either out of curiosity or previous experience but also don't want to cut into their tabletop gaming time. A RPG can be played in a living room or kitchen, wargames need more room then most people have available.
It *may* be worth a second day of the week and small venue dedicated to roleplaying with either one big game or a few smaller games going on at the same time that doesn't clash with the club.
Found a link to a previous post about a RPG group that meets in bromsgrove.

http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=424
lol im not traitor i said the days i can do it and they havent change (any day but tuesday/thuesday) and somtimes i hav prior arrangements so does everyone Tongue
note dnt get si to txt me ive block my phone by putting wrong pin code 3 times gonna go to shop on saterday to unblock it Sad
(30-08-2012, 06:26 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: note dnt get si to txt me ive block my phone by putting wrong pin code 3 times gonna go to shop on saterday to unblock it Sad

Rolleyes
whatever are we going to do with you?
finished painting marcus yet? Tongue
lol last night got everything prepaired and set music going dip brush in paint next sec brother rolls in to say hello :/

its been a bad 2 weeks lol worked lots blocked phone and i had to leave my bike at work for 3 days since i forgot the lock code on it (and hadnt writtren it down) after 3rd day got desprate so theres me sat at working with notebook hacking into my bike code by trying all combinations took 2 hours :/

i also threw away chefs gravey thinking it had gone off when in fact he made it that day