Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 12th September 2017
(07-09-2017, 09:01 PM)George Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 08:53 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 10:15 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:40 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:02 PM)George Wrote: I've just painted up some Russians and would be keen for a game of bolt action if you're interested. I've not played before but have played beyond the gates of antares a few times so have a rough idea of the rules.
Sounds great. I think I have played bolt action 3 times so I have some idea of most of the rules. I have always played against Germans so Russians will be interesting. I have some Germans but only a small proportion are painted - I hope that won't spoil the atmosphere too much!

Excellent. You can hopefully take me through the basics then! Haha no that's fine, they can just be in very good grey camoflage! How many points do you think? Should have the 500 minimum without too much trouble but could probably do 750 if you prefer.

Hello again. I think 750 would probably be OK, but without vehicles as it would probably help focus on the basics?
If that makes it hard for you to reach the points we could play a smaller game and if we finish early replay or swap forces?
I suggest we try scenario 1 - No Man's Land using the 6x4 table with a decent amount of terrain. I have some some bits of woodland and low walls I can bring.
Looking forward to the game - make sure you don't overlook the special rules for soviet armies near the start of the army book.

Ok I should be able to do 750, just assembling some more this evening to add to the red army horde! But yeah could always have 2 small quick games instead as a backup.
Good plan, i'll have a look through that scenario. I have some hills I'll bring so we should be fairly set between us with what we've got terrain wise.
Yeah, I've had a look at those. Means I get 12 free guys before I even get started on the 750 points!
Thanks for the game, I enjoyed it.
Next time try a scenario with a more interesting victory condition maybe and perhaps introduce a vehicle?
Cheers.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
(13-09-2017, 09:58 PM)Walters Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 09:01 PM)George Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 08:53 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 10:15 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:40 PM)Walters Wrote: Sounds great. I think I have played bolt action 3 times so I have some idea of most of the rules. I have always played against Germans so Russians will be interesting. I have some Germans but only a small proportion are painted - I hope that won't spoil the atmosphere too much!

Excellent. You can hopefully take me through the basics then! Haha no that's fine, they can just be in very good grey camoflage! How many points do you think? Should have the 500 minimum without too much trouble but could probably do 750 if you prefer.

Hello again. I think 750 would probably be OK, but without vehicles as it would probably help focus on the basics?
If that makes it hard for you to reach the points we could play a smaller game and if we finish early replay or swap forces?
I suggest we try scenario 1 - No Man's Land using the 6x4 table with a decent amount of terrain. I have some some bits of woodland and low walls I can bring.
Looking forward to the game - make sure you don't overlook the special rules for soviet armies near the start of the army book.

Ok I should be able to do 750, just assembling some more this evening to add to the red army horde! But yeah could always have 2 small quick games instead as a backup.
Good plan, i'll have a look through that scenario. I have some hills I'll bring so we should be fairly set between us with what we've got terrain wise.
Yeah, I've had a look at those. Means I get 12 free guys before I even get started on the 750 points!
Thanks for the game, I enjoyed it.
Next time try a scenario with a more interesting victory condition maybe and perhaps introduce a vehicle?
Cheers.

Cheers Tony, I enjoyed the game a lot too. I think I'll have to have a go with a tank next time as you say and will be interesting to try a more complex scenario. Thanks for taking me through the rules and looking forward to having another game at some point.