Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Warm Up 1850pt 40k Tournament
Yeah it was a proper gunfight! Just need to decide on either stormravens or bikertroops!
If you wanted, you could go down a similar route as my opponent game3,

his deathstar was:
Ovesa,
Torchstar (Ignore cover)
basic Tau Commander with hit and run and some Str8 ap2 combat weapons.
Farsight (no scatter deep strike)
Inquisitor psyker lvl1 (prescience),
Severin Loth (get to pick 3 powers from one tree either, Biomancy, Telekinesis or Telepathy so guarantees Gate) and can expand 1 warp charge to boost his Inv save to a 2+
2 Missile and 2 Marker Drones
3 Devestator Centurions with Grav Guns and Hurricane Bolters

Was quite devastating, even when charging, everything goes on Ovesa who has 2+/3++ (when nova charged) and Farsight who is 2+/4+ then can auto look out sir to Loth 2++ or Dev Centurions... I hit it with 60 attacks and only killed Ovesa..

rest of his army was pretty weak.. 2 Skyrays, Riptide and 2x Battlesuit units and some scouts..

On topic...

I like the idea of bikes with grav guns, combi-gravs and bikesander

(19-12-2013, 08:47 AM)Embolden Wrote: Farsight who is 2+/4+ then
I wish, Farsight is 3+/4++ Tongue

Edit - Also the look out sir needs to be rolled for still, you only get the auto look out sir on models with the sworn protector special rule that is on you your bodyguard squad which is why i didn't roll with old bomb but do with the new. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ive read the new rules pack and forgeworld space marine chapter tactics are banned so no red scorpions
(19-12-2013, 11:53 AM)Nick1988 Wrote: Ive read the new rules pack and forgeworld space marine chapter tactics are banned so no red scorpions

Was that the severin loth character? I fired everything into that unit and only killed o'vesa and two centurions...but it was the fact he could gate it around with no scatter that meant it was so scary to face.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I think so yeah. Hes not in the regular codex anyway! Dont think wel be seeing that list at caledonian! 1 less thing to worry about lol
Could still do it with Tigiurius he has a 80% something chance of getting the 1 power you want... if gate is the only power... it's worth a shot.

I've got the models to do a Farsight bomb and am seriously considering it... (just need some weapons from ebay)

(19-12-2013, 02:28 PM)Embolden Wrote: Could still do it with Tigiurius he has a 80% something chance of getting the 1 power you want... if gate is the only power... it's worth a shot.

I've got the models to do a Farsight bomb and am seriously considering it... (just need some weapons from ebay)
Noooo don't steal my army! Tongue (joke)

What weapons?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ive got some weapons spare from my riptide and battlesuits. What u after mate?
lol not sure yet...

I'm thinking:

Commander Awesome
Shadowsun
Farsight
2 fusion suits
2 missile suits
2 burstcannon/air burst
1 fill a gap suit
as many drones as possible..

3x10 kroot (could do with my kroot back nick :p)
2x sky rays

Tig
5 scouts in storm

should be close to 1850pts it's a tabling army for sure...