Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy
Hi. I'm new to the whole wargame club idea. Before, I used to go to GW Birmingham on thursdays. But I recently they have had new management and implemented new changes. Smaller boards, stricter game rules and only 3 games a night total Sad. Also I want to broaden my horizons regarding tabletop wargaming. So far my experience is with gamesworkshop and forgeworld.

I have several armies. 40k: Blood angels (main army)
Tau
Imperial Guard
Chaos
Dark Angels
Grey knights

WHFB: Vampire Counts (main army)
Skaven
High elves

Necromunda: Arbites
For the Angelic Horde!
Hello Dave! Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of 40K and Fantasy going on at the club, and a Necromunda campaign you're welcome to join, as well as lots of other systems to tempt you and drain your wallet.

Hope to meet you soon.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(19-04-2013, 07:08 PM)Stuart Wrote: Hello Dave! Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of 40K and Fantasy going on at the club, and a Necromunda campaign you're welcome to join, as well as lots of other systems to tempt you and drain your wallet.

Hope to meet you soon.

Thanks. I was hoping to pop down this tuesday (23rd). Any suggestions on what to bring?
For the Angelic Horde!
If you fancy a game then stick something on the weekly meeting thread, but if you can't manage to arrange anything in time then feel free to just come along for a chat and see what we get up to, and perhaps get something arranged for the week after.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(19-04-2013, 07:36 PM)Stuart Wrote: If you fancy a game then stick something on the weekly meeting thread, but if you can't manage to arrange anything in time then feel free to just come along for a chat and see what we get up to, and perhaps get something arranged for the week after.

Thanks might do that.
For the Angelic Horde!
Another High elf player !! We are hoping to do a massive WFB game on a weekend, themed around a declaration of War on high elves !! currently about 14,000 pts per side, I'm sure they could do with some more help !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Sorry to say this Dave, but you are not really GW's target any more. Still seems silly, to the general public, that paying players are not wanted, but your intimidating to their target market, of young kids whose parents will pay a fortune.

Anyway away from politics, you'll find us mostly a friendly bunch (ok all of us,) and if your knowledge of wargaming outside of GW systems is limited, there are plenty of other games played, that might also appeal. As Stuart said, feel free to try to arrange something, or pop down for a chat and a nose around. I'm always welcome to you joining our mini-WFB event in the link, if you can shoot a list over by Midnight Sunday/Monday.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Welcome Smile
welcome mate.
Welcome Dave!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar