Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 9th April 2013
Hi Shaun, glad you found us! You're most welcome to come along tomorrow - even just for a look round and a chat if you like.

Do any of the role players know if it's possible for Shaun to join one of the games?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Worse comes to worst, he can join me and JJ in Fantasy.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
right army will be packed up this evening to play Matt, who's not allowed to cancel on me (circumstances allowing) as i been trying to get any game for the past few weeks without success.

looking forward to my game tomorrow Smile.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Sorry dan I am not going to be able to make it, my work has called me in.
Smile 
(06-03-2013, 08:08 PM)Totalwarplayer22 Wrote: Fow or d&d intro for me

A tourney would be goodBig Grin
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

It's fine mate I can't either now.
No problems with someone joining the deathwatch group, all you will need is ten sided dice but we can lend you some., a pencil and a lack of sanity :-p
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(07-04-2013, 09:45 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Does anyone happen to have a flyer of some sort I can borrow for tonight? A stormraven would be ideal (as that's what I'm using) but a vendetta or even a night scythe would be suitable Smile

Anyone? :p
(08-04-2013, 01:43 PM)shaunlewis Wrote: Hello RedWarSoc,

I am not currently a member, but I would be interested in joining and meeting you tomorrow.

I apologise for the short notice, but I only found out about you today. I noticed some talk of role playing games being played tomorrow.

Would there be a vacant seat at any of the tables for a new player? I owned the DnD 4e Red Box, but only managed to play a couple of encounters with my wife and sisters, and I played a game or two of 3rd or 3.5E a good few years back. I would like to start playing. I'm not fused as to system, but would prefer fantasy.

If that's not possible, last week I also purchased the Isle of Blood box set for war-hammer fantasy. I've assembled both High Elf and Skaven armies, but I have not yet managed to paint them. I've played two beginners games in the Games Workshop store, so I have the basics of the rules, but I'm still learning.

Would I be welcome tomorrow? If so, what would I be playing and what do I need to bring?

Kind Regards,

Shaun Lewis.

(08-04-2013, 03:06 PM)Gareth Wrote: Worse comes to worst, he can join me and JJ in Fantasy.

Hi Shaun, welcome to RedWarSoc, first of all may I say you're a lucky man, having a wife and sisters to even play RPG with! haha. Secondly, if there is no RPG space for you tonight, you'd be welcome to join Gaz an I as he's taking me through the latest Warhammer Fantasy rules.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(09-04-2013, 11:46 AM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 09:45 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Does anyone happen to have a flyer of some sort I can borrow for tonight? A stormraven would be ideal (as that's what I'm using) but a vendetta or even a night scythe would be suitable Smile

Anyone? :p

I will bring a Valkyrie for you Nick. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven