Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicks hobby log 2013
lol mate, just get it done! :p

It will be worth it in the end!

After painting my nids I don't think I can look at someone not wearing power armour for a while so I've decided just to buy some models on the way they look rather than what they do. I ended up with some blood angels sanguinary guard.....

[Image: dc6c640e-9b01-4507-85ef-122836077737_zpsa5d496ee.jpg]

[Image: 7744207f-020c-44e6-8097-d170a43aa828_zpsa7c00dfc.jpg]

Obviously needs a base and the highlights are a bit harsh but I think the models themselves are so good! Just hope I can do them justice Smile
I like the sharp highlights. Flesh could be better, but it does look good as it is. However the rest is top notch, and I don't have any critique on them it at all.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
looks great! Only thing I noticed is I like the burnt effect you can put on the end of meltaguns to make it look more 'used'.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(28-02-2013, 09:18 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: looks great! Only thing I noticed is I like the burnt effect you can put on the end of meltaguns to make it look more 'used'.

I actually picked up some weathering powder when I went to warhammer world a few weeks ago so after I've figured out how to use it properly I might try that? Anyone ever used it? Any tips?
Top notch Nic, very smart.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Not used weathering powder, I did see someone post a good way of doing it using purple, brown and black washes then drybrushing black but can't remember the order the washes went in, they progressively got closer to the end of the gun so you could see a bit of purple and brown (not sure which way round for these two) then black at the end.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Used some weathering powder on the melta and I'm pretty happy with it Smile now onto Dans eldar gun boat thing
He has a base Smile

[Image: image_zps1521f6f3.jpg]

[Image: 913562fb-3b36-4ec7-9e37-7f79f2afb943_zps70c35d21.jpg]
3 hours building a land raider........... Hated every minute of it!!