Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda Campaign background/storyline
Thought I'd start a thread for discussion/posting of background for the upcoming campaign. Also we could use this to update the story as it progresses Smile

Angry Panda has got some great ideas, revolving around a 'sea' of leaked coolant in the Underhive. I thought about starting off with a cave-in that has allowed access to a previously abandoned part of the underhive, so the gangs move in and start to carve up the new territory.

We were thinking of combining these ideas, so there's a cave-in as the unstable underhive collapses a bit more, gangs move in and find themselves among the ruins, with a sea of coolant partially covering the area. I'll post our discussion here, hope Panda doesn't mind:

Jaqenhgar: Thanks for the heads up Panda, it looks good, is it set in the badlands rather than a hive city? [referring to a story by AP - do you want to post that in the other thread?]

I do have a few ideas revolving around a cave-in in the underhive somewhere, opening up a section that had been long abandoned due to toxic gases/general instability. It seems to be stable(ish) now so then rival gangs move in, precipitating viscious gang warfare as each tries to stake their claim to each bit of territory and possible hidden riches.

Feel free to post your background, I don't wish to dictate how the campaign goes, just facilitate it happening, and everyone is free to contribute

Angry Panda: Well, when I used to play (all those years ago lol) everything was based around the Rust falls' area of the underhive. But from reading over fluff from various citadel journals etc... I thought why not base it in a different area of underhive? Then I read about the sump sea being an area where coolant had flooded a few domes, forming the "sea."

So its still underhive, just a bit that can be modified to whatever is needed for the campaign! Plus would fit perfectly with your cave in idea, as the gangs could fight over control of the previously overlooked new territory.

Also, it means you can have occasional games where anybody falling is deemed "lost" as they fall into the stagnant water andthats the sealife takes a bitehuge of tgem! Hell, could even have a game where its being fought on a whole set of "islands" representing the rusting remains of the underhive sticking out through the water!
Maybe it could be set around a trading post/port area, with surrounding area controlled by rival gangs, next to the coolant sea...

It would be great if others could post your own ideas and then we can mash something together! And/Or let us know what you think so far!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
Necromunda Campaign background/storyline - by jaqenhgar - 26-07-2012, 09:37 AM