Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The (Very Originally Titled) Film Thread
Video 
I'm a bit of a film geek/buff and quite suprised there's no dedicated movie thread in these here forums, so here we go...

Favourite films? Actor/esses? Directors? Genres? Seen anything good lately? Any upcoming releases getting you excited?

Myself and Mike saw 'Cowboys and Aliens' last week - it was... Ok. Better than I expected judging from the trailer; I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig but enjoyed his performance (although it was just Daniel Craig playing Daniel Craig as usual...). Good bit parts from two of my favourite actors; Sam Rockwell and Paul Dano, but as a whole it's pretty forgettable.

On the other hand we saw 'Fright Night' on Saturday, and it is fantastic! From the opening credit text to the closing credits cover of '99 Problems' it's funny, gory and really ramps up the scares and tension. I've not seen the original yet so can't compare it as a remake, but it's one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time - definate modern setting 'Lost Boys' vibe to it. The 3D is a bit pointless though (like its rarely anything but...) except in the aforementioned credits. Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell and David Tennant are all excellent (I love Toni Collette in anything too, but she wasn't given much to do here). Recommended.

Messages In This Thread
The (Very Originally Titled) Film Thread - by rachtheweevil - 13-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Iron Sky - by Stuart - 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM