Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DfC/DzC alldayer at Wyvern Sunday 3rd December 2017
I’m happy to take on the challenge of running a linked Dropfleet / Dropzone game! It’s about time we tried this out.

I’m thinking x Dropfleet tables supporting x Dropzone tables dependent on number of people coming. The Dropfleet table would have three clusters on it, representing left, home and right board edges of the corresponding Ddopzone table.

The Dropzone tables would ideally need an Orbital Gun and some buildings we can designate as Military Sectors. When the Dropzone players wish the fire the orbital gun and military sector, they can run over to the corresponding Dropfleet table and fire at targets on there.

The Dropfleet players would have changed rules for Bombardment and
Launching ground assets. When bombarding, rather than attack the sector, they can go over to the corresponding Dropzone table and place the large blast template, which will then scatter lots! Better Bombardment equals higher Energy, better accuracy and more templates to throw down into the Dropzone game.

Lock 6+= Scatter 2d6+4 inches, one E10 Medium template
Lock 5+ = Scatter 2d6 inches, one E11 Medium template
Lock 4+ = Scatter D6+4 inches, one E12 Large template
Lock 3+ = Scatter D6+2 inches, one E12 Large template with Demolisher 2
Lock 2+ = Scatter D6 inches, one E13 Large template with Demolisher 2 and Devastator 2

Attack value 4 or less: bombard once.
Attack value 5 or more: bombard twice.

For launching ground assets, I’m thinking the Dropzone player will need some pre-prepared groups labelled as “locked reinforcements”, like two/three Infantry/ Exotic and two/three Armour/Support groups.

For every four Infantry tokens present in a Cluster at the end of the turn, the Dropfleet player may remove those tokens and give his partner Dropzone player access to one of his “locked” Infantry/ Exotic groups. The same for Armour tokens unlocking Armour/Support groups. Ground Combat mechanics would be removed for Dropfleet.

For this to work I think the Dropfleet game would also have to have played one or two turns before the Dropzone players began.

Dropfleet would probably be 900pt Skirmish, Dropzone players probably need to be able to make 1500pt Clash lists.

Ok, I need everyone’s availability across both games and factions please:

Matt, Dropfleet/Dropzone Scourge, Dropfleet PHR
Will, Dropfleet/Dropzone PHR
JJ, Dropfleet/ Dropzone UCM
Luke, Dropfleet/Dropzone UCM
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018

Messages In This Thread
RE: DfC/DzC alldayer at Wyvern Sunday 3rd December 2017 - by scoundrel13 - 05-11-2017, 09:07 AM