Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
OK I'm interested in starting a Lotr (strategy battle game) campaign. I don't want it to be overcomplicated and would ideally like it to make sense thematically (no elves fighting hobbits). It would be great if we could get 4 players, 5 at a push but no more. I also don't want it to be open ended as I think a small campaign that doesn't peter out might work better, finishing with a 4-player battle would be nice!

Once I have numbers and forces people want to play I will try and cobble something together so we can start playing next month. Will be looking at my old white dwarfs for inspiration but if someone has a great idea (but simple!) just shout out. Thinking of a map with either provinces to fight over or each player has a mission and outcome of battles determine how far they proceed in that mission, with a more fluid map (no demarcated regions). Don't know yet.

I can take either Isenguard, Dwarves, Moria, Mordor, Minas Tirith or Elves (!) so will pick a force based on what others choose. I'd like two 'baddies' and two 'goodies' but the goodies must be able to fight each other - so dwarves don't like elves for example. Will try and make it fit somehow!

Looking at Stu, Paul and Matt (Brightblade), if you're interested nominate your force below, no duplicates.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by jaqenhgar - 17-02-2016, 05:25 PM