Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War of the Roses 16th/17th May
Game2

Tau Farsight Enclaves: Ethereal, 3 Battlesuits, 5 Marker Drones, 3 Battlesuits, 5 Marker Drones, 10 Kroot, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, Riptide, Earthcast, Intercept, Heavy Burstcannon.

Fire Support Cadre: 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, Riptide, Ion, Earlywarning.

Deployment and game..
Alex won all the rolls, but let me go first, I managed a cheeky charge on some Battlesuits which infiltrated, killed all but a couple of Marker Drones and 1 suit, which managed to flee combat as I rolled a 1.. I then got my army all but taken off the table as a wall of Str7 hit me each turn. In the end I had the mantle farseer (concentrated on killing marker lights and then picked off what I could) and a Serpent and a few Dire Avengers and Alex turned the game from Vanguard Strike to hammer and anvil and walked down the field mopping up my army. It took me to turn4 to kill an entire unit.. in the end I killed off a unit of Battlesuits and both Riptides as he ran them into my army. But it wasn't enough to do anything as he walked away with a 20-0 win!

Nothing much I could have done bar be more conservative with the Wraithknights and last a little longer... but I tried to reach his line with them and I rolled for invis with both Eldrad and mantle seer.. missed with 7 rolls.. which cost me in the end. Had I hit it I felt confident of a win.

Game3
Eldar: Farseer on Jetbike with stones, Spiritseer, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Fire Dragons in Serpent, 2 Hornets 4 Pulse Lasers, 2 Hornets, 4 Pulse Lasers, 1 Hornet 2 Pulse Lasers, Wraithknight, 3 D-cannons.

My opponent wins all the rolls and sets up in a long line across the table, so I have place to hide... I deploy both Wraithknights behind cover as its nightfight, Mantle Seer out of LoS to any Serpents and the D-Cannons. Reserving anything else.

Turn1
I then seize, my Warlord trait is perfect, +1 to seize and re-roll reserves.. I kill his Wraithknight with a 6 from mine haha, then await the return hits.. he throws his entire army into one Wraithknight and does 2 wounds...

Turn2
All my reserves arrives and cause absolute carnage.. I take out a Serpent, 3/5 Hornets causing a HP on each of the others, I also shake/stun 2 other Serpents... He hits me back with a bit of stuff but largely does little bar the Plague Drones he summoned last turn which kill a Serpent.

Turn3
My summoned Plague Drones hit his Stunned Serpent wrecking it, I finish off another Hornet and shake another Serpent.
He finished off the Dire Avengers with his Plague Drones as does little else.

Turn4
I charge into his lines now and kill off some Dire Avengers and a Serpent.

He moves up with the Plague Drones towards my objective, he fires his D-Cannons at my Wraithknight killing it with a 6... (it was in the open was dead anyway haha). He gets super lucky with a shaken Serpent hitting my Serpent with 4 shield shots and gets 5,5,5,6.. wrecking it...

Turn5
I'm all over his objective with a Serpent and Plague Drones (mantle seer in reserve if needed).

He scrambles some Dire Avengers towards to his objective but they are out of range. If the game ends I win 17-3..

Game goes on to turn6
I then roll a 1 with the Plague Drones which are about to block his Avengers off... I have my objective all sown up. I kill his Farseer and my exarch hunter rolls tripple 1 and 1 to wound the Dire Avengers in the open.. the Farseer doesn't bother to charge just stays to contest his objective.

He takes his objective and the game ends.

I win 13-7

Game4: Necrons: Decurion
Reclamation: Zahndrekh, 17 Warriors, 10 Warriors in Ark, 10 Warriors in Ark, 5 Immortals, 3 Tomb Blades, Particle Beamers, Shield Veins.
Canoptek Harvest: Canoptek Spider, 6 Wraiths Whip Coils, 6 Scarabs
Canoptek Harvest: Canoptek Spider, 6 Wraiths Whip Coils, 6 Scarabs

My opponent wins the rolls again and chooses first turn, I fail to seize. Relic.
He runs the Wraiths next to the Relic, and down my left flank. I charge both Wraithknights into the Wraiths hoping to kill them in a turn or two before the Scarabs become too big.

This fails.. Those 6 Wraiths hold up my Wraithknights until turn5 when my Knight finally falls..

The only thing thats kept me in this game is summoning Screamers onto the relic for 2 turns as the second Wraith unit runs through the rest of my army as I have nothing to hold it up.. the only wound I do to it is with a Warlock.... In the end I lose 14-6. Any other mission and its practically as 20-0...

This game leaves me much to ponder..

Game5 and my most fun game.

Grey Knights with Space Marines.
Libby Lvl3, 7 Terminators, 2 Dreadknights and Draigo, Tiggy, 5 Scouts and 6 Centurions.

I get careless twice in this game and it costs me massively!!

Basically I move into charge range of a Dreadknight turn1 with a Wraithknight thinking I'd kill it with shooting, but he passed all his 2+ saves (about 8 or 9) and 2 instant death 6's from a Wraithknight.. yeah hes unlikely to live.. but I have 36" range.. he casts force and kills the Wraithknight with ease. I do kill the scouts and second Dreadknight in my turn1.

He deep strike the terminators into my backfield on his turn1 and moves the Centurions forwards along with the surviving Dreadknight which kills my Wraithknight as above, the centurions kill my other knight..

My turn2
I kill off 5/7 terminators and the second Dreadknight.

the rest of the game is me avoiding the death star.. but the game goes all the way to turn7 and my opponent gets some very lucky maelstrom cards.. like the draw on turn5 with one card he gets kill a flyer and as I'd moved my flyer to block off an objective he gates over, kills that, gets a KP and its scouring so scores 3 points.. in the end he gets enough KPs and Maelstrom and kills enough to get me off a few objective, leaving me with a narrow win 11-9!

Overall I enjoyed the last few games with the codex!

I need to practice more as SOOOO much has changed in the meta since cally,

Necrons and Eldar are going to dominate, so people going to cally in July, best get prepared! Its going to be messy! With amazingly durable Necrons and super shooty Eldar! Plus new Imperial Knights! (5 Imperial Knights)

In the end I finished 15th with 3 wins and 2 losses.

I fell short of my personal objective for 60pts. So room to improve.

Messages In This Thread
War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Embolden - 07-05-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Nick1988 - 07-05-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Nick1988 - 07-05-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Embolden - 13-05-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Embolden - 17-05-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by jaqenhgar - 17-05-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Embolden - 18-05-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: War of the Roses 16th/17th May - by Embolden - 18-05-2015, 08:24 AM