Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB fallout
So after missing my goal by some distance this weekend I figured I'd start a new thread for general tournament experiences? Any dirty tricks you found people doing? Any amazing combos? Anything you learnt that you want to try for yourself? What sort of army's did everyone play?

I definatly found that horde armys (at least ones with tons of models) did very well as kill points meant nothing making it all about the mission! Maybe this is how it should be? Kinda writes off Death Stars (like mine) but opens the competition up to a wider range of army's? I know one of two Nid players did very well despite the new codex being a bit pants (or is it) as well as guard and tau gunlines (rather than ovesa star). Looking at upcoming tournaments, the majority are massively primary mission based so I'm going to split the Death Star and add some other funky stuff too!

A rough list is......

Kor'sarro Khan [125] (white scars hit and run, scout, initiative 5 ap3 instant death cc attacks and +1 jink )
+ Moondrakkan [25] (bike)
= 150
Chapter Master [130] (hit and run, eternal warrior)
+ Space Marine bike [20]
+ The Shield Eternal [50]
+ artificer armour [20]
+ power fist [25]
= 245

5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 3× chainsword [0]
+ 2× grav-gun [30]
= 135
5 Space Marine Bikers [105]
+ 4× chainsword [0]
+ grav-gun [15]
= 120

3 Devastator Centurions [180]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ twin-linked lascannon [20]
+ 2× grav-cannon and grav-amp [40]
+ 3× missile launcher [30]
= 290
3 Devastator Centurions [180]
+ Centurion Sergeant [10]
+ omniscope [10]
+ 2× twin-linked lascannon [40]
+ grav-cannon and grav-amp [20]
+ 3× missile launcher [30]
= 290

Inquisitor Coteaz
= 100
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor [25]
+ Psyker (Mastery Level 1) [30]
+ force sword [0]
+ psychotroke grenades [15] (ruins combat units unless you roll a 1 lol)
= 70

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
= 0
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4
• Acolyte
= 4

Commander [85]
+ XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit [25] (toughness 5 2+ armour)
+ vectored retro-thrusters [5] (hit and run, fleet)
+ Neuroweb System Jammer [2] (makes enemy in 12" get hot)
+ Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite [20] (ignores cover)
+ Puretide Engram Neurochip [15] (tank hunters, monster hunters, stubborn etc)
+ shield drone [12]
+ shield drone [12]
= 176

XV104 Riptide [180]
+ early warning override [5] (interceptor)
+ ion accelerator [5]
= 190

10 Kroot
= 60

1,850 points

The general idea is Khan, Chapter master, Coteaz and the inquisitor join the double grav centurions and scout into the middle of the board dishing out a ton of shots as well as limiting the area the enemy can come into from reserve (coteaz can shoot anything that arrives within 12"). The squad has more wounds to strip than my previous Death Star, is rock hard in combat against most things and can hit and run if it gets tied up.

The Tau commander would join the double las cannon unit with the drones to give long distance anti tank/monster (with tank and monster hunters) as well as being able to kill infantry easily if they get too close. The riptide will be close to so the tau commander can jump between if needed.

If I go first the bikes will start on the board and fly forward with grav shots. If not they will go in reserve with the kroot and acolytes. Having a 3+ cover save if they move flat out will make them tough to clear from an objective. Finally the kroot will probably outflank and then die because.......... Well......... Their kroot lol

Messages In This Thread
BB fallout - by Nick1988 - 16-02-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: BB fallout - by Peachy - 17-02-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: BB fallout - by Gareth - 17-02-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: BB fallout - by jaqenhgar - 18-02-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: BB fallout - by Embolden - 20-02-2014, 07:19 AM