Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my two cents on improveing at 40k
Thought i'd add some basic tips to this thread, just some general advice that has stood me well so far. First one would have to be not to forget basic troops, as Alan has already stated. With them you can take objectives, use them to shield more fragile and expensive units in your force, and as they are cheap compaired to your other units you can take them in larger numbers, giving you much greater tactical flexibilty and making it easier to react to your opponents moves. Secondly, try not to get too carried away with 'shiny' stuff. Spending 250-300+ points on a single unit makes it a mighty big target, and it all goes to waste if they get blown up before they can do anything usefull. This doesnt mean dont take your favourite units, but use them to support your overall battle plan. Which leads me to my third point, support your units. Even a humble unit of basic troops can be turned into a well oiled, objective claiming murder-machine if supported, and if it supports, the rest of your force. Enough ranting, just thought i'd add a few points to this thread for any newer players, or anyone wanting to improve their play.

Messages In This Thread
my two cents on improveing at 40k - by sprogmcjob - 15-10-2011, 11:19 PM
RE: my two cents on improveing at 40k - by Nick - 15-10-2011, 11:35 PM
RE: my two cents on improveing at 40k - by Nick - 15-10-2011, 11:57 PM
RE: my two cents on improveing at 40k - by Nick - 01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: my two cents on improveing at 40k - by Nick - 01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: my two cents on improveing at 40k - by Nick - 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM