Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
So I've rethought my list/combined several ideas together and now have something I'm happy with. Not flyrant spam (figure that's too one dimensional and won't be much fun to play) but it has a couple of flyrants in it to support my endless swarm. This is the list I used against Sam last Tuesday, and it did nicely. Mostly about scoring maelstrom points but the flyrants add enough firepower that I can actually kill things!
I'm mostly putting this here so if I forget my kindle I can access my list and also so Chris can see what he will be facing Tuesday mwhahaha

The tyrant on foot will be the warlord so the flyrants can take some risks. Rippers in reserve for late game DS objective stealing and everything else on the board for board control through numbers. Not sure about regeneration on the ground tyrant it gives him "it will not die" but on a 4+ which is nice and gives me the option for some wound allocation shenginans but it's 30pts and could be used for other things such as giving him and his guard fleet and furious charge or giving the warriors some upgrades so they can hold their own in a fight... apart from that question mark think I'm happy with the army list.

Quote:+++ THE SWARM! (1850pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (1280pts) ++

+ Formation (1280pts) +

Tyrant Node (580pts)

··Tyrant Guard Brood
····Tyrant Guard [Crushing Claws]
··Hive Tyrant [Regeneration, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, The Norn Crown]
··Venomthrope Brood [3x Venomthrope]

Endless Swarm (700pts)

··Hormagaunt Brood
····19x Hormagaunt [19x Adrenal Glands]
··Hormagaunt Brood
····19x Hormagaunt [19x Adrenal Glands]
··Hormagaunt Brood
····20x Hormagaunt [20x Adrenal Glands]
··Termagant Brood [10x Fleshborer Termagant]
····4x Devourer Termagant [4x Devourer]
··Termagant Brood [10x Fleshborer Termagant]
····4x Devourer Termagant [4x Devourer]
··Termagant Brood [15x Fleshborer Termagant]
··Tyranid Warrior Brood
····Tyranid Warrior [Devourer, Scything Talons]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (570pts) ++

+ HQ (480pts) +

Hive Tyrant (240pts) [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

Hive Tyrant (240pts) [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Troops (90pts) +

Ripper Swarm Brood (45pts)
··3x Ripper Swarm [3x Deep Strike]

Ripper Swarm Brood (45pts)
··3x Ripper Swarm [3x Deep Strike]

Created with BattleScribe
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own - by will - 16-06-2016, 07:31 PM