Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
(12-04-2016, 07:53 AM)Embolden Wrote: Flyrants are pretty boss, in the past few years when facing Nids, all I've faced is Flyrants. So everyone will have a plan!

Did you catch people out using the horde before? I do love it! But time could be an issue if you're not super quick.

A balanced approach could work? Endless horde and a couple of Flyrants?

The horde section of my army last year was amazing, combined with the infiltrating Genesteallers I was able to score maelstrom enough that I was able to cancel out my opponents first blood(s) and the kill point advantage that ground based nids give away. Essentially turning the game into an eternal war mission that ended pretty much in a draw every time as my opponents could not afford to come to far out of their deployment and get tarpitted and 90 bodies on the table is a lot of board control. As I got better at the tournament play style I was able to turn it to my advantage and start winning games Smile I did miss having objective secured in the endless swarm and only needed the reinforcements that the formation gives in one game.

It just I'm just acutely aware that a flying hive tyrant is T6 with four wounds and a 3+. Hard to hit makes him amazing but it's only a couple of lucky rolls away from death, and sky fire on things like riptides can shut them down pretty quick. I faced a four flyrant list last year and the dice were against me for a lot of it and I still got two of the flyrants down to two wounds and two down to one. A bit less luck with his saves or more average luck with my rolls and my 19-1 loss could have easily been a 20-0 victory as I killed everything else in his force and stole his bunker. I spoke to the guy at the end of the tournament and he told me all his games were big wins or big losses so seems flyrant armies are very rock paper scissors. Face an army that can't deal with you and you win 20-0 face an army that can and you lose 20-0.

I will probably go down the flyrant with horde list, similar to last year's, but before I do I want to give pure a ground horde nids list a try just to see if I can get it to work competitively(ish).

This is just for cally though and its only a rough draft of my craziest list. I will probably come up with dozens of ideas before list submission. Haha
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own - by will - 12-04-2016, 10:49 AM