Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer fantasy
So this time I played Justin and his Warriors of chaos, First time I've played against both !! As Usual had no idea what i was facing, but I kinda like it that way!! Not a great start as I had forgotten half my army, and Vince very Graciously ran me back to get them. I eventually fielded my Bretonnians, unit of Knights with my General on my left flank, Grail knights, with a damsel in the centre and more knights with a Lord and the battle standard bearer on my right. Also had 2 units of archers, one placed near to a fence , the other on a hill, with a great view of the opposing army. I prayed, so justin went first moving his army towards mine, the only magic was some leper spell on his Chaos Knights. My first turn saw charges declared from all my Knights. On the left they charged some forsaken, the centre into some jugganauts and a Chaos lord, and the left into the Chaos knights.The left saw some forsaken killed, but no knights despite justin having killing blow. The forsaken passed leadership and held. in the centre the Chaos lord offered a challenge, readily accepted by a grail Knight, but it was all over very quickly. I lost the combat, but held in place. On the right it was a bit closer , I did loose the combat, just, and held. My damson threw a spell at the chaos sorcerer and his body guard hiding in a wood, killing 7 of the unit. But they held.
Turn 2 developed into mass melees, my left winning again, this time the forsaken running, I pursued but didnt catch them. another challenge in the centre saw another grail knight fall, and on the right the Knights were slammed in the flank by some more forsaken.Justin cast a plague wind, but the grail knights shrugged it off.
Turn 3 more hand to hand. On the left my knights charged the fleeing forsaken, cutting them down, then reforming. The centre saw the last stand of the grail Knights, with just one left locked in mortal combat with the Chaos Lord. The Damsel was also stricken down.On the right, the Chaos knight champion challenged my lord, who promptly cut him down. Unfortunately the rest of the unit lost the combat and fled, then getting the chop. the Forsaken then charged the flank of the grail knights.
Turn 4 and my General and his unit charged the jugganauts, offered the Chaos lord a challenge, then getting sliced in half for his trouble !! Both Archer units got charged, the only other consolation was the 2 chaos knights lying dead with a flaming aroow sticking out of them!! So another Bretonnian massacre, but a very enjoyable, bloody game. Warriors of Chaos are very well named!! My thanks to Justin, a very patient, friendly player, and that always makes a defeat easier to take. However next time .......
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers

Messages In This Thread
Warhammer fantasy - by Noisysteve - 30-09-2011, 11:02 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Agincourt - 04-10-2011, 07:04 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Noisysteve - 29-02-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Noisysteve - 10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Noisysteve - 26-07-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Gareth - 26-07-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Warhammer fantasy - by Noisysteve - 27-07-2013, 10:19 AM