Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion on Flyers and How to beat Necrons
Interesting. The difference is that the Necron Flyers carry some troop choices for the points, whereas the other two don't so it's very efficient for the Necrons.

You can also try and not take many vehicles/flyers (if any) and spend 600pts on more troops, then the flyers have about 3 turns trying to shoot the crap out of you while you ignore them and focus on the opponents ground troops. 600pts is a massive chunk from any list and i would be wary spending that much on flyers. Would like to see how much damage those flyers could do to troops, say T3/T4 with saves varying from 5+ to 2+ or assuming cover. Quite a lot of maths that though, but might give it a bash at some point unless someone else wants a go. Vendettas are rubbish against ground troops esp in cover for the amount of points you spend on them....

The DA list I am itching to try has a couple of Rhinos (which of course will be dead pretty quick but if I get first turn allow me to get 18" up the table with some cover) but no other vehicles, and a 10 man dev squad with 4ml with flakk, so even if the opponent brings no flyers they are still useful (plus cheap prescience librarian).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion on Flyers and How to beat Necrons - by jaqenhgar - 26-01-2013, 12:50 PM