Poll: Can Imotekh's Lord of Storm effect flyers on a roll of a 6
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep
57.14%
4 57.14%
Nope
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imotekh the Stomlord Lord of Storm ability vs. Flyers
(19-10-2012, 05:43 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Second sentence in the FAQ answer says any "attacks" it doesn't specify shooting or psychic attacks, the necon's ability is an attack so can't hit zooming flyers, if they are hovering to deploy troops or something though they're fair game.

even with that though is a really tasty ability

Sorry to reply again and be pedantic, but my reading of this

Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon
that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with
Zooming Flyers and Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Swooping
Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use
blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or
otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them. This includes
weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the
Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic
powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and
novas.

Is that any weapons shooting at the Flyer need to be snap shots. Blasts/beams/novas etc either can't fire as snap shots and/or don't roll to hit so can't hit Flyers. The 'attacks' refers to ones that use balst markers etc. The question is about weapons that don't roll to hit. Imotekhs ability is not a weapon or psychic shooting attack, and it is certainly not one that automatically hits. It doesn't fire at snap shots because it doesn't 'fire'. It needs a separate FAQ and this Q/A doesn't cover it.

Personally I don't use Imotekh, so I'm not arguing out of any personal interest. I would allow Imotekhs ability to hit flyers if i played him, if others wouldn't then I can see why not as it's not been FAQ'd and the rules are not specific enough. I'm now going to remain silent on this issue as I think I've said enough!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imotekh the Stomlord Lord of Storm ability vs. Flyers - by jaqenhgar - 20-10-2012, 01:28 PM