Poll: Would you feel comfortable playing against a 30k forgeworld army. if i ran through rules and stats ect.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, would be happy to play in both escalation campaign and normal nights
85.71%
6 85.71%
Yes, but not for the campaign
14.29%
1 14.29%
Forgeworld is always OP, no way
0%
0 0%
Would have to have a good long look at the rules first
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Alpha legion has infiltrated this forum - Please remain calm
Hi all, Matt here. Some of you may have seen me last night bugging the 40k players. Just popped in to say hello and a big thanks to Vince, JJ, Peachy, Will, Tom and Chris for letting me loiter around and ask loads of questions. I will definately be back as i had a great time and learnt alot. Hopefully next time i will bring some minis and can actually play some.

On that kot and while i have you here (yes you!). The army i am building is aa forgeworld horus heresy era Alpha legion army. This is partly because they get some cool goodies (rayguns and contemptor dreadnoughts) but mainly due to the fact that the Alphas are great fluffwise but only now forgeworld have given them a proper ruleset.

My question is would anyone have any conerns/flat out refuse to play them. As far as what they are like i've been told they are expensive space marines (points wise) and they play like craftworld eldar in that every unit has a certain job to do with very little overlap.

If anyome wants to read the rules i will be there with them on tuesdays (excluding the 3rd) with them so anyone can browse them at their leisure. If i can figure out how i will drop a link to the pdf versions of the rules and my army list at 1000 points (so you can counter build vince) to let people make up their own minds.

I would be looking to bring this list to vince's 500 pts escalation campaign (with additions ofcourse) so im gonna try and put a poll on this thread to see if anyone would have a problem with this. Will also be linking this thread from the campaign forum.

Once again thanks to those mentioned above. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Hydra Dominatus

Matt
Hi Matt nice to meet you yesterday. As I said I would've happy to play the alpha legion, would be interesting to see what they do. Regarding the campaign I would leave that to Vince's I know very little about 30k having not read any of the books. If they are op I would have thought we could handicap the in someway?!

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
For anyone curious and wants to know the main differences between 30K and 40K ruleset, this is a great post-
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...63152.page
Basically, rather than a FoC the armies are done on percentages and from what i have read, things are slightly underpowered and more expensive than there 40K counterparts.
As i said, i have no issue playing against a 30K force. Smile
Ps - I run all comers lists,so i wouldn't tailor a list to face you Matt (or anyone), you'd just face one of the lists here-
http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=2375 Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Hello Matt and welcome to the club! Sorry I didn't get chance to have a chat with you last night.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(28-01-2015, 09:42 AM)manrogue Wrote: For anyone curious and wants to know the main differences between 30K and 40K ruleset, this is a great post-
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...63152.page
Basically, rather than a FoC the armies are done on percentages and from what i have read, things are slightly underpowered and more expensive than there 40K counterparts.
As i said, i have no issue playing against a 30K force. Smile
Ps - I run all comers lists,so i wouldn't tailor a list to face you Matt (or anyone), you'd just face one of the lists here-
http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=2375 Smile

We do have convetional force orgs which i will post here. We have to stick to these (no unbound) and dont get objective secured for it. The only percentages is the lords of war which can inly kick in at 2000 or above and can be no more than 25 percent of your army. Stops you bringing an all primarch list.
As i say, if there is a massive amount of people against it, feel free to run them as "count as" space marines (any chapter) or CSM. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
Hey Matt was good to meet you yesterday. I personally wouldn't have a problem playing a 30k army. Look forward to playing a game with you at some point.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

If people are for or against the 30K being allowed in the escalation campaign could you vote in the poll above please?

Lets me know where people stand on it so i can work with Matt to get him involved. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
I don't know much about the 30K armies other then they can stack more special weapons more cost efficiently and in greater numbers then normal marines, pay a bit more for the initial squad, but then less for additions making large units cost efficient and they can pick army wide buffs from a large range of upgrades for free.

I dunno these seem like win wins for the 30K units :S
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
More than happy as all the nasty HH stuff (Super Heavies, Primarchs) won't be involved. 30k armies vs 40k trade blows depending on who's opinion you listen to - but for the most part in 7th they're more or less balanced. An exception to that is Mechanicum armies, that seem to dominate most of the time. Would love to see the Alpha Legion on the table - but if others don't like 30k then them being 'counts as' SM or CSM could be nice and fluffy, a typical Alpha Legion infiltration...

I am Alpharius.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."