Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
Love the paint job on those space wolves!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
These look awesome, love the plasma! How many guard tanks you got??
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
That's some very nice work there!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(22-02-2015, 12:27 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: These look awesome, love the plasma! How many guard tanks you got??

Thanks for the feedback Smile

I've got the four painted lemans shown there, another Pask Punisher Leman that's basecoated, two Wyverns that are basecoated, and then 5x Chimeras (painted), a Manticore (painted), magnetised Hellhound (painted) and a Griffon (painted). So about 15 tracked vehicles Smile
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Incredible work all round. Can't wait to see some of it on the tabletop!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Well it's been a while since I've been able to do much, with the show I was in at the Redditch theatre, and Ofsted at work. It's been a busy month!

I've finally managed to finish my Helbrute Mayhem Pack Smile

[Image: 2hpj3uo.jpg]

[Image: radph1.jpg]

Also, looking for some feedback on a test guardsman I've painted. I've been having a think about my AM army recently, and quite fancy making a big blob squad packed with lascannons and an Inquisitor or Coteaz to mix it up. This guy took me maybe an hour to paint, and I never used to be a fan of the Cadian guardsmen, but they're really fun to paint. Very simple, big areas of colour and you can get good results quickly with them.

I wanted something that fitted with my existing Steel Legion troops (about 4 vet squads), so went for a similar "French" WW1 style blue on them. Any C&C would be most welcome.

[Image: 344xqfa.jpg]

[Image: 2eq7tyg.jpg]

[Image: 2guhbfm.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Looking very nice, loving the detail on the cadians face!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah, liking those Cadians a lot.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Loving the Brutes. Knights shall tremble before three multi-meltas... Especially as a murder pack!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Just finished about a third of my platoon.....about one squad and a fireball platoon command squad (the four flamers) that will be heroically jumping out the back of the vendetta.

It took me a good couple of days to get this number of models done, and I think 14 figures is probably a bit too large a batch so I might keep my batches to 5-8 or something. Painting 14 boots, then 14 tunics, then 14 sets of helmets and body armour gets a bit tedious. The rest of the platoon can be seen in the background. I'm going for a 30 man platoon with lascannons to start off with, but I expect I'll end up with 40-50.

[Image: 33ermvq.jpg]