Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce yourself...
(19-03-2018, 08:40 PM)Direstraits291 Wrote:
(30-03-2011, 12:46 PM)Stuart Wrote: Feel free to post a little something about yourself here - perhaps some background on your experience of the hobby, which games you have played and currently play, and any armies you field.

Hello all! I'm Peter, I have not attended yet but I am really keen to and meet you all. I am very excited to be getting back into Warhammer 40k (I play Ultramarines), 8th edition is proving to be quite a revelation as well. I am also getting back in to Star Wars X Wing as well. Would it be okay to come along to a meet soon?

Welcome to the forum/club Peter! Come on down whenever. I saw you dropped a post in the weekly meets thread already so good start! Plenty of 40k and X-Wing players at the club so in future weeks you shouldn't have any problem getting a game. Are you local?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hi, this is rob, i came over last night. it was great to find enthusiastic gamers, that play many games. I started with AD&D , wh roleplay, wh40k, wh. But that was a long while ago. Now i have got in to board games, things like; zombie 15, tribes, forbidden desert, Firefly the game, Firefly legendary. and fun family games: gloom, exploding kittens , evil genius, mwahahah! I also have a few older games; car wars, and others. I am up for playing any game really, and i don't mind reminiscing with old games.
(28-03-2018, 02:25 PM)bertyking Wrote: Hi, this is rob, i came over last night. it was great to find enthusiastic gamers, that play many games.  I started with AD&D , wh roleplay, wh40k, wh.  But that was a long while ago.  Now i have got in to board games, things like; zombie 15, tribes, forbidden desert, Firefly the game, Firefly legendary.  and fun family games: gloom, exploding kittens , evil genius, mwahahah! I also have a few older games; car wars, and others.  I am up for playing any game really, and i don't mind reminiscing with old games.

Hey Rob, thanks for coming along and good to meet you last night! Some great games in that list - feel free to pop something in the weekly meeting threads and we can get some games sorted.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi all, 

I'm Peter I have yet to attend but quite keen to meet you all. Got back into 40K over a year ago now really only been painting be it rather slowly lol. Looking to get back in playing the tabletop again as well as doing painting. I collect Imperial Guard and used to play a good few years ago until I needed a break from the hobby and getting board of Space Marine players running away scared at the mere mention that I played as IG. This was at a time when the Games Workshop in Worcester actually had a load of gaming tables before they moved (90% of players it seemed back then just played Space Marine armies).

Have the new IG codex just need to relearn the rules but up for playing again and I hope the dice gods will look favorably on my poor guards man for once lol.
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum and hopefully the club too soon!

You shouldn't have any problem finding games of 40k with a wide variety of armies here at the club. I myself have IG like you, as well as Craftworld Eldar and Adeptus Cusodes.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hi all,

I'm Simon, I came along last night and really enjoyed meeting fellow gamers. I wish I'd known about this group a long time ago!

I recently got into X-Wing Miniatures and would love to play more of that. I was a massive Blood Bowl fan back in the 90s and still have a few teams for that and the 90s edition of the game (don't know if the new 2016 edition has changed things much?). I'd love to play it again and maybe get into the league, if possible, when I'm back up to speed on it.

In addition to those, I have lots of other old GW stuff up in the loft including a Space Marine 40k army, Orc Fantasy army, Warhammer Quest, Space Hulk, Heroquest (and Advanced), Space Crusade, Necromunda (that I never actually played!).

Watched a tight game of Star Wars Armada last night as well and might consider getting into that........money permitting!!

I'm open to playing any games though, I love the whole tabletop gaming arena but haven't had any interest from mates for many years.

Anyway, I'd love to come along on a regular basis and start arranging some games Smile
Hi Simon

Great to meet you last night! As you saw there's plenty going on so you'll have no trouble getting a game. Wouldn't mind a game of Heroquest at some point!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Simon, welcome to the club! I don't think Blood Bowl has changed much if at all other than some additional teams, very welcome to join the league if you would like to.

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(18-04-2018, 09:18 AM)Stuart Wrote: Hi Simon

Great to meet you last night! As you saw there's plenty going on so you'll have no trouble getting a game. Wouldn't mind a game of Heroquest at some point!

Great to meet you too.

No problem, I'll refresh myself of the HQ rules over the next couple of weeks and maybe set up a game for a group of people to play  Smile
Hi everyone, I'm Dave.

Been down for a couple of nights now and watched some games of 40k.

I used to have a High Elf army in Warhammer Fantasy Battle way back in, I think, the 4th edition and recently picked up 40k.

Looking forward to getting a game once I've put together an army that I can field. I'll hopefully be down over the next couple of weeks to watch some more games while I work on mine.

See you soon!