Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce yourself...
Smile 
Feel free to post a little something about yourself here - perhaps some background on your experience of the hobby, which games you have played and currently play, and any armies you field.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Stuart, it was good to meet you guy's tonight, it's been a while since I played (six months or so). You will remember me as Dave, and for my bright white wheelchair (or my chariot as I call it). I have been a gamer since the second edition of Warhammer Fantasy back when I was 13 or so, and I have been addicted ever since.
I have played other games, 40K, Spacehulk and the like, but I'm a Fantasy player at heart. I have been to some tournaments at GW in Nottingham but don't let that intimidate you, I'm not that good at the game (44th being my best placement, out of 160 people).
I will bring all my armies and my gaming table, plus scenery for everyone to use, so I will see some of you next Monday Smile
Hi Dave,

Good to meet up last night.

Welcome to the forums.

Si.
Many thanks for coming along Dave, was great to meet you chaps last night Smile

Hi,my names steve, saw your piece in the local rag, nice to see a club going. Used to play at winyates Barn and the hall at St georges about 10 years ago, but lost touch after moving away. I once won a 1st ed copy of W40k!, Im 42, so im a very old gamer, have played 40k, WFB, magic, now into 6mm WWII, 28mmWWII and currently painting 28mm Zulu war. got no transport, but I do hope to visit you soon
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(12-06-2011, 01:18 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Hi,my names steve, saw your piece in the local rag, nice to see a club going. Used to play at winyates Barn and the hall at St georges about 10 years ago, but lost touch after moving away. I once won a 1st ed copy of W40k!, Im 42, so im a very old gamer, have played 40k, WFB, magic, now into 6mm WWII, 28mmWWII and currently painting 28mm Zulu war. got no transport, but I do hope to visit you soon
hiya steve
welcome to the forum,
will you be here this monday?

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Hi Steve,

Same age bracket.

Welcome on board. It's a good club with a future.

If you let folk know where you live you might blag a lift...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums.

What 6mm ww2 armies do you have ?

Patrick (not on the forums) plays 6mm german and has an extensive range of h&r figures.

I'm in the process of building a 6mm army as well. Allies for me.

Also preparing Late war German and British 15mm FoW.

Playing ACW on Monday and will probably jump back into that as well!

Feel free to come along and make sure to bring some figures for us to drool over.

Bear in mind that from the week beginning 20th June club night moves to a Tuesday.

Si
(12-06-2011, 01:18 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Hi,my names steve, saw your piece in the local rag, nice to see a club going. Used to play at winyates Barn and the hall at St georges about 10 years ago, but lost touch after moving away. I once won a 1st ed copy of W40k!, Im 42, so im a very old gamer, have played 40k, WFB, magic, now into 6mm WWII, 28mmWWII and currently painting 28mm Zulu war. got no transport, but I do hope to visit you soon

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum! As Agincourt said, if you fancy coming along then give us a shout and I'm sure we can arrange a lift for you.
Thanks for the warm welcome, not been up to the club yet, but definately will soon. I live in Matchborough, near the centre. Ive got British 6mm army, but I use Rapid fire rules and amy lists. Had the Arnhem book for 20 odd years, and now have Irish Armoured guards and Welsh battalions. Have got some germans from when I was much younger, all big guns, no organisation! I also play Wings of war, only won once in 2 years!! Still fun though
e
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers