Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Forge World at Redwarsoc? - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Forge World at Redwarsoc? (/showthread.php?tid=2297)

Forge World at Redwarsoc? - Agent0range - 24-10-2014

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd put a quick feeler out there for the general opinion of Forge World units that are stamped as '40K Approved'. Some of you may know that Imperial Armour 13 has just come out, and there is a veritable smorgasbord of choices for Chaos players which includes Heresy era legion vehicles and equipment. I'm sorely tempted to pick up a copy and maybe look to add a few Forge World units to my Chaos Space Marines such as a Sicaran battle tank, or to use the Renegades and Heretics army list to ally my existing Astra Militarum units to my Chaos army for further options.

What is the general opinion in the club of Forge World units? Do people play with them? Are the '40k approved' ones generally seen as okay to use? Do people try out experimental rules much?

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - Peachy - 24-10-2014

They are used fairly regularly at the club by various players just check beforehand and go through rules and weapons prior to game so people understand what it is their going up against.

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - manrogue - 24-10-2014

Forgeworld is as much apart of the game as anything else in my opinion, and as is as balanced as anything GW main put out. IE some things are awesome, some things are worthless.

I have never had a problem using any of my forgeworld stuff at the club and have no issue playing against anything forgeworld. As Kev says, just explain beforehand what a unit does if they are not familiar with it.

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - Simian - 24-10-2014

i use Contemptor dreadnoughts in pretty much every game i play, i have no issues facing forgeworld. just bring the book/rules and let your opponent read beforehand if they dont know it.

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - wako1302 - 24-10-2014

I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights and a Forgeworld flyer when I play.

Never had any complaints.

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - Simian - 24-10-2014

Quote:I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights
i complained bitterly till i blew one up and the resulting explosion took out the other......
Smile

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - wako1302 - 24-10-2014

(24-10-2014, 02:13 PM)Simian Wrote:
Quote:I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights
i complained bitterly till i blew one up and the resulting explosion took out the other......
Smile

Those were GW knights

RE: Forge World at Redwarsoc? - jjakaalbinoboy - 25-10-2014

No problem with using Forgeworld in my opinion, anything stamped 40k approved can be used anyway, it's just nice to give opponents a heads up before you play.