Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
30K Players or Interest? - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 30K Players or Interest? (/showthread.php?tid=2287)

Pages: 1 2

30K Players or Interest? - Khronic - 13-10-2014

I know most of you are fully aware of Forgeworld and the Horus Heresy series of models they produce. There is an associated 30K system with it.

I was wondering:

A) Would people play against a 30K force?

B) Do people have interest in 30K as a system?

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - aprilmanha - 13-10-2014

I don't know much of the details for it, but based on the little I know about it...

A) Sure, its just another SM faction.
B) No, being limited to only SM's would not be very fun I think.

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Gareth - 13-10-2014

(13-10-2014, 05:43 PM)Khronic Wrote: I know most of you are fully aware of Forgeworld and the Horus Heresy series of models they produce. There is an associated 30K system with it.

I was wondering:

A) Would people play against a 30K force?

B) Do people have interest in 30K as a system?

A - NO. Its 40k and all the imbalances that 40k brings.

B - HELLLLLL YES. Everything is perfectly balanced because everything (apart from the Mechanicum and the Imperial Army,) are all more or less the same. Its also a fantastic narrative system, rather than the WAC 40k group (not having a go guys,) that we tend to have.

Chris if your interested in HH gaming, fluff and general stuff, check out The Imperial Truth podcast / Facebook group / twitter feed. (If you listen to Episode 3 you may hear my name as a shout out.) Greg Dann is trying to grow the HH hobby in the UK.

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Nick - 13-10-2014

I'm tempted to start some 30K. It's just really, really expensive though.

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Khronic - 13-10-2014

I've got some Adeptus Mechanicus on order at the minute, not all FW mind.
Moreso from a collectors point of view, however, it would be cool to see them hit the table now and again.

I think it'd be cool to have a small HH force, one of the marine chapters even if they were to use standard SM rules.

Long time away at the moment though, I've enough projects on the go as well as study!

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Simian - 14-10-2014

i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Gareth - 14-10-2014

(14-10-2014, 11:27 AM)Simian Wrote: i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.

It's Forge World, not GW. ;p

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Simian - 14-10-2014

(14-10-2014, 12:43 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(14-10-2014, 11:27 AM)Simian Wrote: i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.

It's Forge World, not GW. ;p

which is why i'll keep getting the books Wink

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Nick - 14-10-2014

Tempted to get some Word Bearers or World eaters maybe. Probably will have to wait til after Christmas though.

RE: 30K Players or Interest? - Dedwoods42 - 05-03-2015

If interest is still being looked for I have a sizeable Death Guard army in production that will undoubtedly end up with some Mechanicum alongside, and an there is an Alpha Legion player around...