Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Introduce yourself... - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: New Members (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introduce yourself... (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Introduce yourself... - Agincourt - 11-12-2016

(11-12-2016, 07:18 PM)Joga_Bonito Wrote: Hi Guys!

My name is Philip, and I'm a big LOTR fan! I live in Solihull and am always keen for a game.

I only have models from the original LOTR trilogy and am only familiar with those rules, but I'm keen to play the hobbit if I can! I have a variety of Good and Evil armies so please let me know if you're up for a game!

Hi Philip,

Welcome and no problem getting a game here, plenty of LotR players.
Come and say hello and arrange a game for the following week.

Paul

RE: Introduce yourself... - amnvespa - 13-03-2017

Hi all, I'm a returning Blood Bowl player, played back in the 90's and have been dabbling with the pc game for the last couple of years.

After a visit to the factory in Nottingham with work, I've been inspired to play again! Bought a version 3 set off ebay which arrived last week, so need to get painting!

Do many people play Blood Bowl at the club? Would a returning player be ok?

Also, where is best locally to buy paints from (I live in Callow Hill)?

Cheers

amnvespa (Andy)

RE: Introduce yourself... - Stuart - 13-03-2017

Hi Andy, and welcome!

We've got around 9 Blood Bowl players at the club I think, and we've just kicked off a league. You'll certainly have no trouble sorting out a game. Do you play any other systems at all?

Nearest place locally for GW paints would be The Hobby Hut on the Birchfield Road in Headless Cross, just opposite the Massalla Club.

Feel free to pop along one Tuesday for a look round and a chat. Hope to meet you soon!

RE: Introduce yourself... - amnvespa - 13-03-2017

Thanks Stuart, that's great, much appreciated.

I'll have a look at the Hobby Hut in that case.

Just Blood Bowl I'm afraid, I've played Space Hulk / Deathwing and a friend is introducing me to X Wing pretty soon.

Hope to come down soon.

RE: Introduce yourself... - Stuart - 13-03-2017

Great stuff - plenty of opportunity to try other games that take your fancy at the club, there's usually someone on hand to give you an intro game of something!

RE: Introduce yourself... - Gareth - 13-03-2017

Well we actually have a spot for a Blood Bowl player in the league. We have 9 signed up after a drop out, so you could make things real simple by becoming our tenth.

RE: Introduce yourself... - David Corby - 22-06-2017

Hi everyone!

After visiting the club twice and having been made very welcome by the members I am very happy.

I have been into SF/Fantasy wargaming and RPGs since, erm... 1989... and I have frequented several circles of friends. But many of my current games crowd have `grown up' a bit and are too busy to game. So I am very glad that I found this club!

I play a fair number of wargames, and collect a large number of RPGs (more than 40 at last count...) so I am going to list the games I am most interested in playing now:

WH40k (1st, 2nd, 6th, 8th are my favourites)
Epic (2nd ed, Space Marine and Titan Legions)
Space Hulk
Battlefleet Gothic
Necromunda
Dark Future
Dystopian Wars
Firestorm Armada
Manowar
Infinity
Confrontation (Rackham, 3rd ed)
...and I recently bought Dropfleet Commander, so an intro game would be nice.

I would be happy to play a quick game of any of these any time soon!

As for RPGs, these are the ones I have run or collected major amounts of:
D&D (2nd ed AD&D, V3, V3.5 and I have dabbled with V5)
Pathfinder
The original World of Darkness (all of them,and I am only missing a few books in total!)
MERP (and Rolemaster)
Cyberpunk 2020
Shadowrun (all editions)
Heavy Gear
Warhammer Fantasy RPG (1st and 2nd eds)
The Call of Cthulhu
Fading Suns
WH40K RPGs
Star Wars (Wizards D20 and FF editions mainly, only have a few West End books)
...and many more (e.g. I have been collecting Eclipse Phase and Numenara recently).

One friend once referred to my games room as "A shrine to dead systems."

Right now I am really keen to run Shadowrun - any takers?

RE: Introduce yourself... - Stuart - 22-06-2017

Hi Dave, great to meet you a couple of weeks ago (I was playing Project Z with Ian).

Good to have you along, you'll have no trouble getting a game.

RE: Introduce yourself... - jaqenhgar - 22-06-2017

Hi Dave, I would be happy to give you an intro to dropfleet some time next month (have games booked for the next three weeks), and I also fancy a game of Man o war at some point - I've got a dwarf and an elven fleet kicking around in my garage that could do with some tlc.

RE: Introduce yourself... - Agincourt - 24-06-2017

Yaye Dave you found the forum Big Grin.
Welcome aboard.
Have been playing D&D for 40 years, stopped upgrading at 3.5, now running some Pathfinder. Have run some MERP and Loremaster. Played war hammer Fantasy 1st and 2nd. Played and run Traveller and Aftermath. Have got the new and the old Starwars but never run or played (one game). But never Shadowrun. Would be happy to try it out.