Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Introduce yourself... - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: New Members (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introduce yourself... (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Introduce yourself... - jjakaalbinoboy - 02-05-2014

Welcome to the club Jerome! I'd be happy to give you a game of Fantasy.

RE: Introduce yourself... - Agincourt - 03-05-2014

(02-05-2014, 05:54 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Welcome to the club Jerome! I'd be happy to give you a game of Fantasy.

Hi Jerome, We have about 20 members active with WFB so you shouldn't have a problem finding some games. Welcome!

RE: Introduce yourself... - nothin_but_the_rain - 03-05-2014

(01-05-2014, 06:07 PM)Jerome Wrote: Hi I am Jerome and i'm from Bromsgrove. I have recently got into wargaming but have never had a game as yet. I would like to come along some time and learn the rules and have a game or two.

I am currently painting up a WFB Vampire Counts army and I have just ordered a Pike and Shotte Battalia. Is there anyone else at the club who is into ECW gaming?

Cheers for letting me into the site.

I would be happy to give you an intro game of Fantasy. Never played any civil war games but would be up for trying some out. Dan

RE: Introduce yourself... - DAGGER - 17-06-2014

Hi Everyone.

Just discovered you as Stuart`s lads race at my Scalextric club at Studley. I will nip in tonight or next week and say "Hi !"

I am an historical wargamer. I started the hobby thirty years ago whilst serving in the army. I was a Tank commander on Challenger main battle tank and a Senior Gunnery Instructor at the Gunnery School, Lulworth. Besides running my Scalextric circuit I am a Battlefield Guide, organising trips to Europe and mainly covering D Day and the Normandy campaign and Operation Market garden. I also lecture and assist in research areas for Television and Film makers.

On my wargames CV I would highlight previously being a manufacturer (Britannia Miniatures) and I created and organised two wargames shows - still going strong - Battlegroup South at the Tank Museum and Battlegroup North at Elvington.

Periods I play and own large collections , always for both sides, including 15mm ECW, 28mm AWI and Napoleonic Peninsular and masses of 20mm WW2 . I have recently completed a set of rules for Plains Wars in 28mm .This is a card driven system , fast and furious and lots of fun. I am currently working on 28mm Great War ( limited to 1914) and 28mm Zulu War ( I have already covered this years ago in 20mm but love the Empress Mins figures).

For the last twenty years I have been wargaming in my garden in my workshop, 26 feet by 16 feet `Man Cave`. Will pop up some piccies.

My attitude to the hobby is non competitive, helpful where I can be and love the banter and social side of this great hobby. I don't understand apathy in the hobby which is why I left Earlswood club some years ago. I believe in the strengths that a club can utilise to enjoy this awesome hobby and I will help anyone .

RE: Introduce yourself... - Stuart - 17-06-2014

Hi Jon - glad you found us! Great chatting to you last night, and hope you can make it along soon.

Cheers
Stu.

RE: Introduce yourself... - DAGGER - 17-06-2014

Thanks Stu - hope to nip in tonight.

RE: Introduce yourself... - johnb60 - 18-06-2014

(17-06-2014, 01:56 PM)DAGGER Wrote: Thanks Stu - hope to nip in tonight.

A big welcome to you.

John B

RE: Introduce yourself... - Agincourt - 18-06-2014

Hi DAGGER,
Welcome aboard.
Look forward to meeting you and having a bash.
Have you played any Bolt Action?

I too have a (more modest) man cave 12 x 12 'The Retreat' at the bottom of the garden. I originally built it as Summerhouse/Office, but it is increadible how quickly those shelves and book cases get filled up with armies and wargaming 'stuff' and once you have a 6 x 4 gaming table set-up well, it's all over apart from rolling some dice...

Cheers
Paul

RE: Introduce yourself... - DAGGER - 18-06-2014

Hiya Paul

Cheers for the welcome - much appreciated. I haven't tried Bolt Action but happy to give it a go. Have worked on and completed a set of WW2 rules that work at different levels and been playing them with my mate Spike over the last ten years. Some cracking games.

RE: Introduce yourself... - DAGGER - 18-06-2014

Cheers John