Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Chris's hobby thread - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Hobby (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Personal Hobby Logs (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Chris's hobby thread (/showthread.php?tid=1261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jaqenhgar - 07-05-2016

How bizarre, took the photo on my ipad.

RE: Chris's hobby thread - Agincourt - 08-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 06:23 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: How bizarre, took the photo on my ipad.

Upside down here... not a mac.
photos I post are from i-pad too.

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jaqenhgar - 28-05-2016

Managed to finish a model! Ravenwing Darkshroud:

[attachment=2116]

Next job is to do weapon swaps on 8 bikers - 6 grav guns and two combo- gravs, bikes themselves are already painted.

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jjakaalbinoboy - 28-05-2016

(28-05-2016, 05:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Managed to finish a model! Ravenwing Darkshroud:

Next job is to do weapon swaps on 8 bikers - 6 grav guns and two combo- gravs, bikes themselves are already painted.

Looking good Chris (although still upside down for me haha). With the bikes, are you going to magnetise the weapons??

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jaqenhgar - 28-05-2016

Thanks, maybe I should stop taking the photos with my iPad...
Was going to magnetise them but couldn't find my magnets so I've just snapped the meltaguns/flamers off and glued the grav guns on.

RE: Chris's hobby thread - Agincourt - 30-05-2016

Nice job.
Right way for me

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jjakaalbinoboy - 01-06-2016

(28-05-2016, 11:40 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Thanks, maybe I should stop taking the photos with my iPad...
Was going to magnetise them but couldn't find my magnets so I've just snapped the meltaguns/flamers off and glued the grav guns on.

Ah the old-fashioned way haha

(30-05-2016, 09:23 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Right way for me

I Googled it and apparently if you take the photos with an iPhone or iPad and have the volume buttons on the side facing up (i.e. the top), apple treats this as upside down. Once you've taken the photos like that, when viewed on some/most apple devices like a Mac, the image will appear upside down due to the photos EXIF data. Apparently the easy fix is to not have an Apple computer....or when taking the pics with your iPad, have it orientated so the volume buttons are facing down rather than up.... Got to love technology.....

RE: Chris's hobby thread - Agincourt - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 07:42 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(28-05-2016, 11:40 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Thanks, maybe I should stop taking the photos with my iPad...

Ah the old-fashioned way haha

(30-05-2016, 09:23 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Right way for me

I Googled it and apparently if you take the photos with an iPhone or iPad and have the volume buttons on the side facing up (i.e. the top), apple treats this as upside down. Once you've taken the photos like that, when viewed on some/most apple devices like a Mac, the image will appear upside down due to the photos EXIF data. Apparently the easy fix is to not have an Apple computer....or when taking the pics with your iPad, have it orientated so the volume buttons are facing down rather than up.... Got to love technology.....

Hmmm... get this... now I am in the office, the same laptop, now upside down... LOL!!!

And all the recent photos on my log are taken with i-pad with volume buttons on top... and they come out the right way up. However, I do send them to my email, from where I save the attachment to laptop and 'open using' bog-standard microsoft 'Paint' where I then crop and resize and save as .pdf...

Nowt as wierd as technology...Huh

Interesting

RE: Chris's hobby thread - jaqenhgar - 10-10-2016

Wow, Christmas has come early for me, look what just arrived (I'm not talking about the train):

[attachment=2155]

RE: Chris's hobby thread - Gareth - 10-10-2016

I had heard that Conan was in the country. Not that I can remember much about whatever it was. Have fun with it anyway.