Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Stuart's Log of Hobby - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Hobby (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Personal Hobby Logs (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Stuart's Log of Hobby (/showthread.php?tid=1259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Simian - 20-09-2013

I've had to do the same, everything is shelved for a while as we're trying to sell the flat and move.

turns out a mound of paint, brushes, undercoated models etc doesn't help sell a flat...

im now "allowed" to take out 5 models and the paints i need to work on them on the proviso that i put them away immediately afterwards to keep everything tidy....we need to move so i can get my own hobby area and not just the table in the lounge.

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 20-09-2013

(20-09-2013, 11:01 AM)Simian Wrote: im now "allowed" to take out 5 models and the paints i need to work on them on the proviso that i put them away immediately afterwards to keep everything tidy....

I'm going to dig out one of our paint-stations and get it organised so I can carry it downstairs to work on a few things, and then put it away again afterwards.

A house came up for sale in our road, very similar to ours but with an external double garage - that would've made a great dedicated hobby/gaming room Idea

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 14-10-2013

Dug out the paint-station for the first time in eons and slapped some colour then quickshade on 4 SAGA hearthguard. Not my finest work but good to pick up the brushes again.

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 24-10-2013

Quite fancy picking up some of the Victorian Guard from Victoria Miniatures. No real use for them, just a nice painting project. Although they might be a good fit (scale permitting) as a supplement for a Britannia force for Dystopian Legions.

Some lovely stuff on that site, lots of good conversion bits.

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Agincourt - 27-10-2013

(24-10-2013, 10:51 PM)Stuart Wrote: No real use for them, just a nice painting project.

LOL... Tongue

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 13-11-2013

Think I'm going to give up on the painting for this year. Really need to clear a dedicated space in the study so I'll expend the effort on that instead and take up the brushes again in the new year.

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 27-12-2013

First mission for the New Year is to get the Red Devils painted up for Bolt Action. Made a start on clearing out the study for some dedicated hobby space but that's going to take a while to sort out. In the meantime it'll have to be a paintstation on the dining table.

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 04-01-2014

Right, better make a start on this little lot if I'm going to have anything painted by Tuesday...

[attachment=901]

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - actungpanzer - 04-01-2014

Mine look similar I need to get a move on for the 14th otherwise I might bring dishonour to the emperor

RE: Stuart's Hobby Log - Stuart - 05-01-2014

Little bit of progress on the Red Devils in between various DIY duties, but not as much as I'd hoped.

Prepped and attached to bases...
[attachment=902]

Bases filled...
[attachment=903]

Allowing for removal of casualties on weapon units (might use magnets)...
[attachment=904]

Sand applied to bases and primed...
[attachment=905]

All ready to begin painting so hopefully there will be a splash of colour on some of them before Tuesday.