Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: My GenCon list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im doing two multiplayer Scenarios whilst at GenCon. Both are require a 35 point list, and I am a little uncertain how to finish the list.

It looks like this
pLylyth
Carnivean
Ravagore
Raek
Shredder
Striders w/UA
1 Strider Deathstalker
1 Shepard

That leavese with 2 points and some choices.
I intended to take a second Deathstalker, as on feat turn they should be brutal. However pLylyth has 5 fury and running four beasts could be a problem. So I could then grab a second Shepard, but am left with space for one spell martyr for a caster with very little in the way of spells. Final option is to take a Succubus, who can cast 1 animus and upkeep either Bad Blood or more likely Parasite. That frees up 1 fury from the upkeep. Whatever option I choose I need to do so fast, as it needs painting.

So any thoughts?
whats ur threshold values?
things to keep in mind
1 will this model pay back its costs in either litural damage points payback or in ultily where because of its presence ur were able to kill more models than its cost
2 does the model surport the army theme (what it does best or trying to do) or does it add another dimesion another angle to play the army giveing more options or strenghing what the army is already gd (is it same or opersite to army idea)
3 do u like the model and its fluff and play style this is important to note (that many power gamers often do not relise) unless ur very skilled and and objective to models/situation more often than not will save ur favoured models even when another model could be more usefull also if u like the model more likly to get results out of it it sounds stupid but its my opoion/experience