Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Cygnar Stormwall Colossus Stat Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here it is, our first preview of a Colossal's stat card in all it's glory. We're missing the Lightning Pod's details for after they've been launched but otherwise we have all of its stats.

I don't think you get to reuse them. It seems like a 3 per game, single shot weapon. I imagine as it advances you can launch, and once it lands it disc rages a shock. Then the machine advances again, but is unable to recover the previously fired pod, to recycle it.
But why include the models? The ruling could of easily just required you to nominate a point but it doesn't. The most common theory is that they'll act as triangulation devices furthering the theme of arcing electricity that Cygnar has.
Because they perhaps have a degree of hight, and act as a terrain piece???? To act as reminders on how many shots the Stormwall has made???? Various other potential uses.
Because the model is labelled 'Cygnar Colossal & Solos' and because one of the Privateer Press staff hinted that they are triangulation points Tongue
the lighting pods work like the firefly jack in that they work with stormsimths and storm callers in there skills
I'm probably late to the party here but finally got round to watching the video that Vince posted, and one of the chaps quotes from the back of the Lightning Pod stat card to confirm Alan's assertion:

Quote:Conductor: when a friendly Stormsmith Stormcaller makes a surge or triangulation Stormcall, this model is is considered to be another friendly Stormsmith Stormcaller.

Some great potential for triangulation attacks there Smile

Couldn't grab a screenshot of the back of the Lightning Pod card, but the front is:

[attachment=238]

Easily pleased, but I like the way the 120mm base has the 90 degree points marked on it to allow for determining direction of fire as well as incoming damage allocation to the left/right grids:

[attachment=239]

The question for me (which I think relates to a point Gaz was making) is what happens to the Lightning Pods after you've got three on the table? Can they be redeployed or do they stay where they were initially placed? They're classed as "immobile constructs" if that sheds any more light on it with respect to existing rules?
Thank you Stu! I watched up until about 8 mins in and then it stopped loading and refused to work despite a few closing & refreshing cycles. The base is good and I believe the Battle Engines have this too but what I like is the wreck marker.

Your question's answer; with no Spd and no Movement abilities it looks like they're static and can only be replaced if you remove one first. A clever opponent would leave them be, limiting your ability to place new ones unless you destroy it yourself. On the other hand they are fantastic denial models if you place them around an objective.

The Stormwall looks to be a mean anti-infantry machine!
(29-05-2012, 01:11 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: [ -> ]Your question's answer; with no Spd and no Movement abilities it looks like they're static and can only be replaced if you remove one first. A clever opponent would leave them be, limiting your ability to place new ones unless you destroy it yourself. On the other hand they are fantastic denial models if you place them around an objective.

Ah, I getcha - cheers Si!

Yup the 120mm has facing notches. My 360* Throne has them if you recall.
Pages: 1 2