Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Hordes Preview: Mountain King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Privateer Press have released a preview of the Trollbloods' new Gargantuan, the Mountain King!

I'm in love with this model! The equivalent of Colossals, the Gargantuans are Hordes' massive based models due out next year with the new expansion book.

Shame we haven't seen the Gallen or Arbiter Colossal models yet we already have a Gargantuan but I'm not going to complain too much.

I was thinking earlier, this could be a mistake. Whilst the idea behind Collosals are awesome, I think it is an expansion or two earlier. Following directly after the Battle Engines, then going bigger again, the trend is set for next years books to have another large model.

Same as would have happened with WoW. When they release the Death Knight hero class, the public, asked for Arch-Druid to follow in Cataclysm. Blizzard resisted throwing in another hero class, and now Mists of Pandara is nearly here, no one has battered an eye-lid, at the exclusion of a HC.

Setting a trend could be costly. Especially as a lot of PP's current popularity stems from people becoming disinterested with Monsterhammer 8th edition.
Not that the Mountain King looks bad, or that Colossals/Gargantuams don't appeal, I just think its at least one book too soon.