Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Warmachine: COLOSSALS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new expansion for Warmachine (Due July 2012) has been revealed today at Templecon.

Watch the video preview to get a look at the Colossals themselves.

I'm so excited for this!! Big Grin
I did like the look of the Khador one. However it does leave me wondering, what this means for their poorer cousins, the battle engines.
The points cost is a big indicator of that. An average battle engine is 9pts whilst the Colossals will be between 18 and 20. That's a massive difference and puts them in a different tier. Fielding them even in a 35pt game would be a huge dedication of points and they're very easy to hit due to the base size.

All in all, you do kind of have a point, but I think they'll be ok.
um battle engines seem to be fun but sub par on most heavy jack and defintly warbeasts
they say they didnt want the colossals to a big jack but i cant help feel thats whats happened and even two damage grids wouldnt stop a buff beast (who costs 9pt) from ripping him in half
in warmachine games i just cant help wondering if you could use those 18-20 points to better use
its a shame i think these things cause the models look great and the artwork is amazeing

lol i think the fluff got it right the reason cygnar started making jacks was cause the old colossals were too big and clumsy and the trolls were too nimble lol
The Khador Conquest reminds me of Metroplex. When I look at them together I see the differences but thats the image I have in my mind.

[Image: tf_g1_metroplex_ko_e.jpg]

(08-03-2012, 09:05 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Want.

£75.99 from Total Wargamer.

http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/cygnar-st...ossal.html
RRP £100 almost? Ouch! I thouht the Battle Engines were a hefty investment. The Colossal models are a lot of plastic and metal so the price is understandable but still, that's a painful wound to the wallet.
Not saying anything but 27th June happens to be my Birthday Wink
(06-04-2012, 01:19 PM)Gareth Wrote: [ -> ]Not saying anything but 27th June happens to be my Birthday Wink

I think that the 27th of June is my new birthday.