Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: FAQs!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is the end of days. FAQs are up on facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/Warhammer-40000-1...476085719/

Edit saving myself from a double post.

Few suprises. Flyrants no longer get saves for being in ruins which is annoying. Can look out sir from stomps so my tyrant and bodyguard just got a little bit better. And you can only cast the number of powers that you have mastery level of in a turn, so libraus conclave has gotton worse!
So a ml 2 psycher with 4 powers (ie 2 from biomancy plus psy focus plus force) can only "cast" 2 powers in the psychic phase?
(05-05-2016, 10:10 AM)Fitz Wrote: [ -> ]So a ml 2 psycher with 4 powers (ie 2 from biomancy plus psy focus plus force) can only "cast" 2 powers in the psychic phase?

Yep, even worse if you have many psychers in a unit they can't cast a power that another psycher in that unit has already cast. To be fair I actually like this rule, it stops really crazy death star units, and lowers the chance of shenanigans.

Witchfires without profiles autohitting is nice. Neurothrope got good and failceptor (malaceptor) got usable.

Dark Eldar got hurt pretty bad though, having to snap shoot passengers after jinking!
Yeah I like the Psychic FAQ's to be honest, should tone down the death stars a bit.

I like the auto-hitting witchfires too!

Yeah the snap shot and jink thing is likely to bother my Eldar a bit too.
Yeah same with the necrons and ghost arks jinking but makes sense to be fair.
Noticed this: heavy weapons disembarking from a wrecked transport can fire normally if they do not move in their own turn.
Q: If a blast template scatters onto a Skimmer, can that Skimmer still Jink even though it was not actually targeted by the shot?
A: Yes.

Yay.
Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

Does this mean that a unit of 5 Fire Dragons can only use a single melta bomb in the assualt phase?
(05-05-2016, 12:14 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

Does this mean that a unit of 5 Fire Dragons can only use a single melta bomb in the assualt phase?

!!! Surely this is wrong! Difference between being thrown and used in combat where you are clamping it onto a vehicle. So the other 4fire dragons hit the vehicle with their fists or stand around watching their buddy struggle to attach his melta bomb!
(05-05-2016, 12:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2016, 12:14 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?

!!! Surely this is wrong! Difference between being thrown and used in combat where you are clamping it onto a vehicle. So the other 4fire dragons hit the vehicle with their fists or stand around watching their buddy struggle to attach his melta bomb!

Yeah, exactly it makes no sense. There's nearly 200 comments on that image all saying the exact same thing as us.... madness.
Pages: 1 2