Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Escalation campaign? And possible new 40K campaign for the summer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-07-2015, 07:50 PM)Alpharius Wrote: [ -> ]What points would you be looking to run up too. I notice your upgrades table only runs to 1000 pts.

Things do seem a little steep....

Also you say 30k is good yet forgeword within reason..... I would be all FW.

Points cost can be easily revised, this is just a first draft. I can plan for armies to expand beyond 1000 points, but I envisioned the points ceiling being deliberately low. Its a small points league, which you might play in every other week, in order to be a nice change from playing 1500-2000pts every week. With all armies in the league being between 750 and 1000 pts, new players joining will not be massively out of their depth, in theory.

I do not know Forge World's range in detail, so this is just me being cautious, but I will change this to say "all Forge World permitted". Of course your Alpha Legion will be fine.
(09-07-2015, 07:52 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind not having formations, was just wondering.
I like the rules, my only concern is are the things you can buy too expensive?

They could well be, as it is difficult to estimate without play-testing! I was working from the War Booty section. I worked out that the minimum a player could ever earn (losing against a lower rank and having no painted or based models) paid out $400, the maximum was about $1800 for one battle (Spectacularly and bloodily defeating league leader), and the average was somewhere around a $1000 for the winning player.

I will edit and lower all the costs by a bit...
All costings for the Munitorium and Manufactorum have been reduced by about 30-40%.
Pages: 1 2