Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Metallic Paint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for some metallic paint in Yellow or Purple. Unfortunately my preferred choice (vallejo air) do not do these colours.

Has anyone had any experience with other manufacturers
I have never seen any metallic Yellow or Purple, but a quick search showed this. Tamiya may have something similar. Either that of you could try using a yellow or purple glaze over some standard silver or gold coloured areas. Maybe for Purple try mixing some red and blue metallic paints?
Nice find Gaz.

I have got some pearlescent (metallic) purple liquid acrylic by DALER ROWNEY. Comes in a 29.5 ml bottle with dropper. 'Ideal for brush painting and dip-pen drawing, etc.' (water resistant). I bought from Hobbycraft (Webbs Wychbold) - they had alsorts of colours.

It is very thin this 'liquid acrylic' and I have used it more like an ink coat over top of main colour to give a metallic purple sheen on my goblin-spider bodies.

Having just started air-brushing myself the consistancy may well be alright... not tried it. Build up with 2-3 coats.

If you want to give it a test you can.
I'm also looking for some metallic green paint, preferably in spray form.