Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Open Combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Open Combat is a recent set of historical/fantasy skirmish rules that Gav Thorpe is involved with. They've just launched a kickstarter to fund a print run.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/590...?ref=email

Quote:Open Combat has been available digitally since October 2014 in PDF format from the Second Thunder website (and has been well received by those playing it - more on that later). The aim of this Kickstarter is to fund a printed edition of the rules, helping to expand the reach of the game to gamers that prefer physical books over digital products.
Podcast coverage of Open Combat with writer Carl Brown

Malifools interview pt1

Malifools interview pt2

Malifools interview pt3

I had been meaning to get the PDF version, so now seems like a good time to jump in. So a Hard copy and PDF have been purchased.
Not long to go on this now. Just upped my pledge to include a couple of sets of dice.
Successful funded with full stretch goals achieved. I'm quite looking forward to Salute now, as any non-sci-fi models can easily fit into an open combat force. Means all those models become even more tempting.
I went for the hardback rulebook as well, looks interesting
Looking forward to giving this a try, and might use it as the basis for a narrative campaign I was thinking of running later in the year.

I've a got a load of Reaper Bones miniatures I can put to use, and I'm also eying up a handful of figures from Otherworld Miniatures.
I got a copy as well, i have a load of odd minis i should paint lying around that i could and should use for something
PDF links sent out for old campaigners.