Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Question how does preferred enemy work against vehicles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the titles says I was looking up preferred enemy and cant see how it works against tanks and stuff as the wording of the rule is:

"a unit with at least one model with this rule re-rolls failed hit and wound rolls of 1 if attacking its preferred enemy, applies to both shooting and close combat."

so does this work or not work against stuff with a armour value, as it does not mention it within the rule.

the rule is on page 169 in the big rulebook for those who want to look at it.

I await your feed back.

cookie
I personally think that you can't prefer tanks.
Question you need to ask-
Is an Armor Penetration roll a roll To Hit or To Wound?

Answer - No

RAW is that you can re-roll the hits, but can't re-roll the armour pens. Wounds are different to armour pens rolls, so wouldn't get to re-roll the 1's.
(19-08-2014, 08:07 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Question you need to ask-
Is an Armor Penetration roll a roll To Hit or To Wound?

Answer - No

RAW is that you can re-roll the hits, but can't re-roll the armour pens. Wounds are different to armour pens rolls, so wouldn't get to re-roll the 1's.

that was my understanding of it, glad others agree with me on it. save arguing over it
As Vince says Smile
Okay, so interesting question for you. Knight Commander Pask's 'Old Grudges' warlord trait that he comes with confers preferred enemy to his squadron I believe. I haven't got my AM codex to hand but I'm sure it's something very close to this.

So RAW, does that mean that his tanks can only re-roll 1's if he's shooting at non-armoured targets only?
He can re-roll the 1's to hit against both, but can only re-roll the 1's to wound against models with wounds.

So against Armour, he re-rolls 1's to hit and thats it.

And against models with wounds, he re-rolls 1's to hit and re-rolls 1's to wound.

To re-roll armour pens, he needs the tank hunter USR or something that specifies you can re-roll armour penetration rolls.

Hopefully that clears it up? Smile