Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: WN 17 Strongpoint Hillman - sword beach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A scratch built piece for my D Day games in 20mm.
A few more piccies of the refight also featuring Morris battery on D Day.
wow, looks very impressive
Cheers mate. Its this strongpoint that gave the British 3rd Inf Div such a hard time on D Day. I visit it every time I run a battlefield tour to Normandy. They are uncovering more and more of what was buried after the war.
How do you texture your boards Jon - do you use Artex or anything like that?
Tile grout and sawdust mate. Be happy to show you. The best feature of my boards is that they are integral - either 2 X 2 or 4 X 4. Very flexible. Best bit is that each side of each tile is routed so that with a wooden biscuit the sections lock together and then lay flat and tight to each other.
(25-06-2014, 11:27 PM)DAGGER Wrote: [ -> ]Tile grout and sawdust mate. Be happy to show you.

Cheers Jon, I saw mention of tile grout elsewhere - presumably that can be almost painted on with a brush? I'm just after a way to add a bit of minor "undulation" to the terrain before applying sand, flock, etc.
You can paint on after but I believe its better to mix in with paint so if any part chips it shows the same colour. Get the dark grout in any case. It is really tough though.
Is the grout the right sort of consistency to be applied with a brush, or does it need to be applied with a spreader or something similar? Been a while since I did any tiling Smile
(26-06-2014, 04:02 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Is the grout the right sort of consistency to be applied with a brush, or does it need to be applied with a spreader or something similar? Been a while since I did any tiling Smile

I've got some dark grout you can have Stu. You normally use a spreader... But can't see it makes any odds. Spread first, then use damp brush to finish... I also have a load of sawdust... Got some big enough paint pots I got for terrain you can mix in too... I can drop round if you like?

The boards I have done I have used all in one plaster and mixed in builders white glue to bind it, let go off then can use a cocktail stick to draw pavement slabs n stuff. Then damp brush to tidy up.
Pages: 1 2