Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: My Question thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
PP Players, I am creating this thread for any questions I have come up as I read through the rules.

For a start, I found the rules on Units fairly easy to understand. Unit is in formation if it is whithin the CMD" of the leader (or officer,) and only models in formation can be issued orders. However I cannot find any mention on what an order is (unless a leader/officer has a special order.) What are the orders, and where can I find them in the Prime Mk2 book?
I don't have the book with me so I can't quote you exact pages right now but, in short;

An order is a Run, Charge, Special Action/Attack and various other actions. Essentially, anything except a normal movement and initial attacks.

I'll quote it exactly when I have the book next.
Thanks for bringing that question up, Gareth, as that is one that I was puzzled on, too. Also, thank you for creating this thread, as I'm sure that I will use it.Big Grin
If you make a special attack or action, can you then make a normal attack? For instance: The Vanquisher heavy warjack has a melee weapon called Blazing Star. Blazing star can make a special attack called Thresher. *Quote from book* "This model makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in it's LOS and this model's melee range. *Tactical Tips* The attacks are all simultaneous".

If I make this attack, can I then make a normal attack, too? Also, if it's a special attck made by a 'jack, then do I have to spend a focus to use it?

I think that this could be my favourite thread... Big Grin.
To answer your question Luke:

A Special Action requires you to
1) Spend 1 Focus point that's allocated to the 'Jack to perform the attack
&
2) Also forfeit your Initial Attacks which is the first attack you can make with each weapon (So if a 'Jack has 2 melee weapons, you can make 1 attack with each weapon initially for free). After that, you can spend Focus for additional attacks. (Remember, you can only use your initial Melee or Ranged attacks each turn, not both (Unless you have Virtuoso but that's a special rule)).

So in an example;

The Vanquisher can spend 1 Focus point to perform his Special Attack, Thresher. Once you have resolved the attack, you can then spend any remaining Focus for additional attacks. Note: You can only make One Special Attack/Action each turn.

Hope that clears things up for you!
(13-06-2011, 11:52 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your question Luke:

A Special Action requires you to
1) Spend 1 Focus point that's allocated to the 'Jack to perform the attack
&
2) Also forfeit your Initial Attacks which is the first attack you can make with each weapon (So if a 'Jack has 2 melee weapons, you can make 1 attack with each weapon initially for free). After that, you can spend Focus for additional attacks. (Remember, you can only use your initial Melee or Ranged attacks each turn, not both (Unless you have Virtuoso but that's a special rule)).

So in an example;

The Vanquisher can spend 1 Focus point to perform his Special Attack, Thresher. Once you have resolved the attack, you can then spend any remaining Focus for additional attacks. Note: You can only make One Special Attack/Action each turn.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Excellent, thanks, that's made everything a lot clearer now.
Units given a charge order. Am I compelled to get as many models as possible into Melee range? I know they have to move in a straight line, and pivot to directly face their target, but can I choose to get less models into melee range than is possible.

Additionally when a unit is given the charge order, when do you have to declare a models charge target?
When you give a unit a charge order, models in the unit either charge or run, you declare each charge Target as you move each model in the unit as they van charge different targets (as long as they stay in command range). You need to declare whether each model is charging or running before you move it, as a model who fails his charge won't move as far as a model who runs. Other than that you're under no obligation to get the models into combat though I can't think of many reasons you wouldn't want to
I'm thinking of leaving space for a Jack, after I gave got Dark Shroud on a target.
Good point, yeah you can do that no problem, just remember that abilities with the same name don't stack so a model would only be affected by dark shroud once no matter the source. Although that does mean you only need to get 1 bane thrall in range for your jack to take advantage of it
Pages: 1 2 3