Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Club 40K FAQ Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With all the talk of rules queries and something I've been thinking about for a while, does the club need its own 40k FAQ? I'm not talking about anything major, but just a few things about how we play as a group?

Or do we leave it as is?

If we do go down the FAQ route, who wants to be part of organising it?

Club FAQs:
I think that would be a good idea, having a FAQ or house rules would be benifical.

As for organising it, i think that would be better for you guys with proper 40k rules knowledge! Tongue
I think that'd be a good idea. Shouldn't be that much work as one person could be in charge of updating the first post in a thread while everyone argues erm I mean contributes to the discussion!
Happy to help but I think there are other people than me who know the rules better.
yes i think definitely a good idea.
its settles any debates take away any possibility of game nights turning sour as rules u thought work one end up being different

first house rule Vince is not allowed to take battle suits
second house rule big rob cnt take cheesy allies with necrons
medium rob can only take 2 wave serpents in a list
Big Grin
Id happily be part of it Smile
Okay, so it looks like a FAQ is wanted... so what answers to people want need?

To start:
Ignore Cover vs Vehicles

Personally... It's a yes ignore cover works vs vehicles, even if the rule states "wounds", I think thats poor wording/lazyness.
Ignore Cover vs Vehicles

Agreed. Ignores cover means ignores cover, vs anything!
Yup! Me too!
On the question of ignore cover are their any arguments against the ruling of it works against Vehicles?

Next questions:

Fortune/Tzeench rerolling saves of 1 V Misfortune

Their is a precedent of these types of situations occurring before, old Marine Null Zone FAQ'd that re-rolls v re-rolls cancel each other out, are we going to follow suit?

Defining cover at the club?

I've played the cover at the club in any number of ways... mainly the giant/med hills, the 2 giant ones I've played as 3" up and difficult terrain all over, difficult terrain (no movement penalty), difficult terrain to get on to the hill and open on top and finally no penalty...

Then that giant green hill, again played as difficult or open.

Ruins with bases as area terrain:
I've also played these in 2 ways, on the base of the ruin I've played: 4+ if covered by ruin, 5+ if not or 4+ all over area terrain.

Should we have a rule for all? or just talk through each piece on the table as I've done each game to date?
Pages: 1 2