Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: IC giving abilities to units
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to get clarification and club ruling for a rules query as google as left me more confused!

I am exploring options for my Farsight bomb (9 times out of ten deep striking is the way to go!) and one of the ones i was considering was infiltrating the bomb using Shadowsuns ability, or attaching her to a Riptide and doing the same.

So i google searched to get an idea of it worked and there seems to be some debate about whether you can do this or not?

Apparently Independent characters do not join units till after they are deployed in this edition, so she can not confer Infiltrate to the unit?

I am happy to go with whatever the club ruling is, would just like to clear it up early!
Quote:Apparently Independent characters do not join units till after they are deployed in this edition, so she can not confer Infiltrate to the unit?
this was my understanding, as the same applies to Illic and his ability to infiltrate anywhere without restriction on distance from the enemy.

basically the ic joins a unit during deployment by being placed within coherency. If the ic is infiltrating that is done after deployment is already completed so the unit would either have to be on the table or in reserve. you could outflank the IC with the unit but not infiltrate.
By that point though you dont have to declare that a IC has joined the unit until they arrive? Bit of a random one really Confused
(19-09-2013, 05:37 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: [ -> ]By that point though you dont have to declare that a IC has joined the unit until they arrive? Bit of a random one really Confused

IC's Automatically join a unit if they are within 2" of a unit as well.

Vince will get back to you asap (when I get home)Tongue
Ah crap, was looking forward to getting first turn, infiltrating the bomb into some ruins and smashing shizzle up on turn 1 every so often! Tongue
Just looking through the rulebook and page 38 has the answer Sad