Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Tau Forgeworld XV107 R'varna Battlesuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone love me enough to get me one of these at games day? Gorgeous model!
THE TAU XV107 R'VARNA BATTLESUIT AVAILABLE AT GAMES DAY UK £70.00
[Image: 17dd06558da3f7835948182a98f5b924_5394.jpg__thumb]
[Image: c094cea0bda09eacf27258ba7506969a_5394.jpg__thumb]
[Image: c49e9bc2b730b20eaeded4c85fa96d36_5394.jpg__thumb]
[Image: 825494451f3c6c8e4b43bd1562bc054b_5394.jpg__thumb]
[Image: eb9dfe614b983d992b5459c3b844451e_5394.jpg__thumb]
No.

If I can pick up a pre-paid order on your behalf, I'll do that, but I don't have the spare ££££ at the moment.
Just been searching for rules for this and some interesting rumours popped up from games day-

gr1m_dan-
Just got back from Games Day in the UK (Apart from a couple of areas, it was rubbish, never going again) and spoke to the chap who has done the XV107 rules and got a few little tidbits from him.

It has:

Higher toughness value - he said one point higher so T7.

More wounds - Didn't say how many but I think 6.

Nova Reactor has different effects to the normal one BUT can still hurt itself.

Weapons - Submunition Cannons (Plasma I think he said) - the bigger the target it hits, the higher strength of the weapon. Two 5" blasts also I think, he said 5" blast but I forgot to ask if two or one but model would suggest two. He said it is great against all infantry but if it hits a tank then it REALLY excels due to "size" of target hit. Wasn't really clear but could be a winner.

Few weeks yet as they need to be play tested accordingly he said. Shouldn't be too long though as he was willing to give quite a bit away!

Not sure how the weapon will work :-S He just said "bigger targets take higher strength hits" so maybe it works on Infantry/MC/Vehicle etc etc??? He mentioned it would make a mess of light armour (like we needed help with that but hey). 60" Range for definite though.

100% no jump pack.

Didn't mention anything about it being Stealthy either. Just higher toughness and more wounds.

It will be interesting to see what the Nova Reactor does though!

EDIT :-

Sorry I couldn't get everything I was just listening to what he said. Should have asked a lot more Sad
Rules are out and one of these is going into my army!-
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Pr...Rvarna.pdf
Meh, looks cool, but really, it's not all that much better than a Riptide IMO and 50-60pts more expensive.

If you're wanting an upgraded Riptide I much prefer the Farsight Riptide! :p
I like the idea of putting out 4 large blasts a turn(nova charge!), that hit more the bulkier the model! Plus T7 and better inv (4++) against shooting make it a beast. Tongue

The farsight enclaves Riptide limits you, you can't take the standard bomb(6-7 suits CNC and MSV etc) you have to go with the enclaves bomb (farsight and commanders) which is far worse. Plus side would be Crisis suits as troops.

If i Ran an enclaves list i would run it as gunline, with triptide i think.