Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: An interesting debate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Makes for an interesting read but do you really think it makes that much difference? I can't be bothered sitting there rolling dice after dice testing the theory tbh.
as you say an interesting read and for a tournament it could make a difference (though i think they've got the maths wrong on it) my issue with these dice is that its hard to tell if its meant to be the 6 or the 1, especially when your opponent has 5/6 different symboled dice and some are 1's some are 6's. it makes it a real pain to keep track what you're looking for especially when they're rolling lots of them and picking them up as successes.
(28-08-2013, 01:54 PM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]my issue with these dice is that its hard to tell if its meant to be the 6 or the 1, especially when your opponent has 5/6 different symboled dice and some are 1's some are 6's. it makes it a real pain to keep track what you're looking for especially when they're rolling lots of them and picking them up as successes.

I can empathise on this - a few times I've had to wait for dice rolls to be translated before I could get excited/disappointed by the outcome!
I don't let people use a mix of dice with "faces" on ones and sixes. I say it upsets me as I don't know if I should be thanking the dice gods or cursing them. People will very rarely take offence to a polite request.
There have been issues on The WFB scene with people using mixed dice. Met one person who explicitly pointed out to his opponent, that all symbols were sixes, except the stupid malta dice he had got from the ETC, which were on the ones.

I don't like symbol dice tbh, but wouldn't insist on someone not using them.
Surely dice with symbols, are moulded that way, rather than having the pips ground away? doesn't make sense from a mass production viewpoint. I use some dice with symbols, and I still can't win a game. Any game !!
Steve your in trouble now. After yesterday's game of Saga, I'm sure I'm going to have the Strat sorted, by the time we play. So that's another your going to loose at.
If I think my opponent has dodgy dice, I just ask to use them for my rolls also.
I've got to say, I've got a set of LOTR GW dice with the tree from minas tirith in lieu of a 1, rather than a six and I roll sooooooo many 1's with them I've literally stopped using them!
Pages: 1 2